No announcement yet.

Poll: Is this Punch Legal or Illegal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    I don't care who says what, you can't argue facts. When are you going to learn simpleton? If a punch lands behind the head it's a foul/illegal = FACT.

Everyone could vote legal and it still doesn't change the rule.
    This is becoming concerning. How old are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      This is becoming concerning. How old are you?
      Irrelevant. Can you read?

The rules of boxing vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and on whether it is an amateur or professional bout. A violation of the following rules is considered a foul, and can result in a warning, point deduction, or disqualification by the referee:

You cannot punch your opponent's back, or the back of his head or neck (rabbit punch), or on the kidneys (kidney punch).

Now unless you've got secret exception rules nobody knows about then ANY punch behind the head is a foul/illegal. It's not hard. I knew this forum was full of stupid people but didn't know it was this bad.

Comment

• Congrats to the 22 that voted illegal you know more about boxing than 78% of the forum.

Comment

Irrelevant. Can you read?

The rules of boxing vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and on whether it is an amateur or professional bout. A violation of the following rules is considered a foul, and can result in a warning, point deduction, or disqualification by the referee:

You cannot punch your opponent's back, or the back of his head or neck (rabbit punch), or on the kidneys (kidney punch).

Now unless you've got secret exception rules nobody knows about then ANY punch behind the head is a foul/illegal. It's not hard. I knew this forum was full of stupid people but didn't know it was this bad.
          Someone who has NO experience in a sport, is trying to teach things to someone who has YEARS of experience in it.

You just need to get over it kid. You're a fking little f*ggot...

Never debate something with an expert in a certain subject. I tried to teach you this before.

Check the Poll little boy. It's about as accurate as it gets. You have close to 80% of people on this forum who understand boxing pretty well. The rest are dumb ****s like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Someone who has NO experience in a sport, is trying to teach things to someone who has YEARS of experience in it.

You just need to get over it kid. You're a fking little f*ggot...

Never debate something with an expert in a certain subject. I tried to teach you this before.

Check the Poll little boy. It's about as accurate as it gets. You have close to 80% of people on this forum who understand boxing pretty well. The rest are dumb ****s like you.
            I'm not trying to teach anything. I'm showing you the rules of the sport. Not my fault YOU don't understand them.

Show me the rule that says punching behind the head is legal in x,y,z circumstances. I'll not wait there isn't one.
            Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-03-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I'm not trying to teach anything. I'm showing you the rules of the sport. Not my fault YOU don't understand them.

Show me the rule that says punching behind the head is legal in x,y,z circumstances. I'll not wait there isn't one.
              So should Canelo have been disqualified in his match with GGG?

I found 5 shots that he landed behind the ear of GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                So should Canelo have been disqualified in his match with GGG?

I found 5 shots that he landed behind the ear of GGG.
                What's disqualified got to do with it? I never said he should be punished, just that the shot was a foul and wasn't a scoring punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  People need to learn how to f.ucking read

http://www.abcboxing.com/abc-regulatory-guidelines/

ILLEGAL

NOT ILLEGAL
                  Hey bro can you explain what's wrong with this when I was boxing I had a natural inclination when in center of the ring to pivot and left hook at the same time I was very accurate with it. And never got pulled up for doing it.
                  11. Using the pivot blow (pivoting while throwing a punch

Comment

• What it comes down to is that is the only hard punch guys like Lomadeaux can find throughout the entire fight for Golovkin. If you take that away because it is a foul they have nothing, 0, zilch, nada.

Comment

• *Disclaimer. I don't know why I'm doing this. This will fall on deaf ears as you don't want to be schooled in my realm. But I'm going to give it a shot to see if you will actually show some humility/intelligence.

I want you to pay attention.

The punch that GGG landed on Canelo was as legit as they come. Here's a BETTER example for you. This is Wilder knocking out his opponent. Now the second picture in this post is NOT the punch that knocked him out. But we're going to play like IT IS the punch that knocked him out.

Notice picture A. His body is turned to the right but his face is looking straight ahead. What really happened was a straight punch KO'd him and he turned to the right then Wilder threw a follow up shot that didn't have much on it and it landed where you see in the SECOND picture.

Let's play that punch you see here is what knocked him out. If Wilder came around from the right and purposely AIMED at the back of his head and hit it dead on it would be an ILLEGAL punch.

Because the other fighter turns to the right in the middle of the punch being thrown, almost turning the side/back of his head into the punch, IT IS NOT AN ILLEGAL PUNCH.

If a fighter always just turned his body to the right and then turned his head away from the fighter so his punches would land on the back of his head, the fighter landing the punches WOULD NOT be penalized. Do you get that?

This is a pretty good description with the images. Take it in and try to understand. This explanation is why 80% of people voted LEGAL.

Comment

Working...
                      X