Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: Manny Pacquiao won't fight Mike Alvarado on April 14 in support of Horn-Cra

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    Doesn’t Mattysse hold the secondary WBA trinket now? If so, it’s a way for Pac to at least get a secondary title. He could pretend he’s in line for Thurman thru the WBA. Maybe Bob, aka the snake, sees this as a way to get PAC vs Keef....even though there are obviously political boundaries, it’s the way to get the most out of Pac’s return before retirement. Hell you know Keith would gladly accept that for his fall fight. I think it would draw a lot of publicity, which = $$$$$
    interesting thought, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
      interesting thought, thanks.
      Check this out
      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773938

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Good luck to Manny in fighting a non-TR guy then. I don't see it happening. But yea I can understand Manny wanting more impactful fights, but I can see where Arum is coming from to with how promotions do business. If anyone is getting the rub from beating Manny, & Manny is extremely beatable these days, it'll be a TR guy or Manny is gonna be sitting out the rest of his time with Arum if he doesn't bend.
        Right now I think Pac has just enough popularity and drawing power left that he has some leverage. Bob wants him on the Crawford card so he can start getting Bud some much needed exposure. Pac might be thinking he can sabotage Bob's plans by refusing to fight on April 12th and telling Bob, ok, see how many people tune into Crawford vs. Horn without me. In the end I'm sure Arum has the legal advantage of a contract to either force him to fight someone or not fight at all.

Comment

I would like to see pac fight at 140...he'd be facing guys more similar to his size

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Right now I think Pac has just enough popularity and drawing power left that he has some leverage. Bob wants him on the Crawford card so he can start getting Bud some much needed exposure. Pac might be thinking he can sabotage Bob's plans by refusing to fight on April 12th and telling Bob, ok, see how many people tune into Crawford vs. Horn without me. In the end I'm sure Arum has the legal advantage of a contract to either force him to fight someone or not fight at all.
            The bold is what its all about. Arum don't negotiate with "terrorists"...just go ask Mikey Garcia, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr & Yuri Gamboa (& maybe a couple guys I'm forgetting) who had Arum's favor at one time & lost it & lost parts of their career because of it. And Manny don't got much more career to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Roach is quoted in the same Ring article saying he hasn't even talked to Manny. April 14 is what 6 weeks away and he hasn't been in training camp with his trainer yet? Arum announced this fight on PPV weeks ago with manny on the undercard against Alvardao at the same time Manny was screaming he wanted to fight Lucas Matthyssee. Now Arum has 2 options go forward with the PPV and watch it belly flop or make this on ESPN. Last Crawford PPV did 50K buys. Without Manny's name attached I can't see this doing more then 100K buys. Can't wait to hear Arum's reaction and if he will play hardball forcing Manny to fight another in house bum or threaten to put him on ice. You would think after all Manny has done for Arum he would let the man pick his own damn fight on the way out the door. SMH

Comment

Is there any rematch with Horn...

Comment

http://bestcashjob.com/?refer=154953

Comment

I hope it's true

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                      Official: Manny Pacquiao won't fight Mike Alvarado on April 14 in support of Horn-Crawford - The Ring

Is this true?
                      Aargh, every time I see that Marquez video my stomach turns.

Comment

Working...
                      X