Collapse
No announcement yet.

was ward kovalev 2 a fair stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the biggest travesty I've seen in boxing. Ward will go down as one of the bigger cheats the sport has ever seen.

Comment

worth a thousand words

You really wish people could be honest (this was not a "close call" or "borderline", it was a blatant, bullseye cheapshot to the groin) so fans of the opposite fighter could return the honesty but it never works that way.

Since that was a legitimate KO, I'll just say I had Kovalev up by 20 points. Why not? Lets make it up as we go
      Last edited by ////; 02-26-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Not really.

But Kovalev was looking for a way out.
        Nothing but the truth right here.

Comment

Kovalev should have watched Castillo Corralles 2.
          Castillo laid the blueprint on how to beat the A side.

Every B side after should know it's their only chance of Justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
            Kovalev is my guy but he quit and allowed himself to be tko’d. He reminds me of a bully that comes on strong until the other guy wont wilt. Then all of a sudden the bully starts to wilt.

Also I see they’re putting Kovalev in with non punchers and guys coming off of being ko’d in order tp make him look like a killer again.

(Although he only fought one puncher early on and was dropped and took an L.)

I really hope the first time things get rough in there he doesn’t curl his tail up again because Kovalev is fun to watch.
            Bull**** on the first sentence.

Nobody is putting Kovalev in with non punchers, Barrera chose to fight Bivol, Beterbiev is back to his usual inactivity, Gvozdyk was going to fight Alvarez for the WBC Eliminator, but Eleider is a huge *****, and Stevenson is fighting Jack. So who was Kovalev supposed to fight?

Early on in his career, Kovalev fought Darnell Boone, who is a strong puncher, and rumors are that he did drop Kovalev but Kovalev still won the fight by Decision, and in the rematch, Kovalev stopped Boone in 3 rounds.

So your whole little speech is just full of garbage not even worthy to be called hore****.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              It was the biggest travesty I've seen in boxing. Ward will go down as one of the bigger cheats the sport has ever seen.
              22 illegal punches and another 14/15 borderline....3 illegal blows in the seconds before the peach of a R cross that would have sparked most 175lbrs.
              Followed by 3 more illegal punches and another 3 border line shots that should have brought about a break.

But Kovalev knew better than to let corruption again decide his fate.

If GGG does so again himself, like Kovalev, the demographs will again, take their bucket of non caucasoid semen just the same.

They do have milkshakes to guzzle after all.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                worth a thousand words

You really wish people could be honest (this was not a "close call" or "borderline", it was a blatant, bullseye cheapshot to the groin) so fans of the opposite fighter could return the honesty but it never works that way.

Since that was a legitimate KO, I'll just say I had Kovalev up by 20 points. Why not? Lets make it up as we go
                Craziest thing is.....
                Even if weeks had rightly warned and even taken 2 pts from Ward, he'd only have been down 76/74- 77/73 after the 8th and coming on stronger as the rds progressed.
                He was doing far better thru 7 than previously.

He could have possibly won the fight legit and enhanced his legacy.

Comment

Let it go people. Ward is better than kovalev. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    worth a thousand words

Neither Ward or the ref could see where the punch was landing because Kovalev was bent over.

Kovalev was finished and looking for a way out.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      he was getting beaten up, but the fight was stopped on low blows.
                      Kovolev was looking to get out, the was hurt by a legit body shot, bent over against the ropes, backpedaled still bent over into the next set of ropes, looking at the ref to stop it. Ward jumped him and threw questionable shots right as the ref stopped it.

It’s not a fluke stoppage

Comment

Working...
                      X