Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sor Rungvisai Decisions a Very Determined Juan Francisco Estrada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    I thought Estrada would win too because I felt Sor was just a bad style matchup for Roman and a one dimensional fighter. But he has some skills. Estrada did have some success though he just took too many hard shots and he actually could have KO'd Sor if he wasn't so hesitant to attack when he landed those good counter punches. He'd land a clean shot and then not apply any more pressure because he was weary of Sor's power/counters.
    I saw that too. I was getting a little frustrated with Estrada cause last time I saw him, he was setting up way more combos than tonight but prob to Sri's credit. He was trying to pick his shots which is smart, but he was doing it alittle too much and at the wrong time. I was pretty worried in that 10th round, he def was putting them together better lol I think next time Estrada might get the W if he presses more like you said.

P.S. And in regards to footwork, to anyone reading this..this fight was a perfect example of how you don't always have to move alot or even at all to control distance. You could just use faints and angles and other techniques to manipulate your opponent. That's Masterclass stuff right there lol.
    Last edited by SpeedForce; 02-25-2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
      Very close fight, I had it a draw. Estrada had Sor out on his feet in that 12th rd. Estrada landed the cleaner punches just look at Sor face at end of the fight. Estrada is a 15rd fighter in a 12rd era. Estrada wins the rematch.
      In very close fight or draw the champion should retain his belt. Although I can see the possibility of someone calling it a draw the judges saw it 117-111 and 115-113 for Sor Rungvisai and 114-114.

LOL! Out on this feet! The champ finished the fight on this feet.

Dan Rafael scored the fight 115-113 for Sor Rungvisai same as me.

Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
      Yes you could blame Estrada, but I blame it more on his corner/trainer. He's a great boxer but still inexperienced, that's a big part of why his corner is even there, they were really the ones that did not get the job done tonight. When Sri was winning all those middle rounds, they weren't even giving their fighter any sense of urgency.
      They didn't have any sense of urgency. At the end of the 9th Sor Rungvisai corner told him only two rounds to go? I think it was on purpose so he would only be thinking 2 rounds as opposed to three.
      Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
      You hit the nail on the head with that wording.
      I think because he isn't "flashy" plebs don't realise what they are watching....

If you had seen more of Estrada then you would probably be even MORE impressed by Srisaket...

The guy has a reputation as a "boxer" and his combination punching actually is genuinely impressive. But Srisaket used a mixture of timing, angles, footwork and brutal savagery to take away all Estradas tools...
      You are spot on!

The Srisaket that fought chocolatito was much improved fighter tonight.

Comment

• I scored it for rung

Estrada volume wasnt enough

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
          lol yeah you might be right if the numbers didn't say Sri landed more punches, especially to the body. Quit reaching. Estrada is actually a better boxer and still lost due to inexperience. This is championship level boxing, you cant win if you don't hurt the other guy and he's clearly landing harder punches. You sound like a noob lol

P.S. Estrada lost because most of his punches weren't even planted. He was always moving and they didnt have enough power behind it. Everytime Sri landed you heard it lol Everytime Estrada landed you heard the crowd. Did you hear how quiet they were in the middle rounds? lol

BTW I think HBO commentators are the worst lol. I like Jim Lampley cause he just commentates, and Max sometimes makes good points, but they are so biased. Like Incredibly fcking biased. I've been watching boxing for maybe 12 years and I've never seen anyone more biased, maybe the British, I dunno. lol

If you wanna say I'm biased because im Thai, maybe yeah. But alot of other people seem to agree with me lol so that's kind of telling me, maybe Im not just being biased.
          youre calling me a noob and you dont know compubox is two wankers hitting buttons when they think they see a punch land? youre talking about the numbers like they're undeniable fact. Compubox is more like stupid fluff that is increasingly used as propaganda.

Estrada got punished for starting off well and then going too defensive in the middle rounds, but aside from 3 rounds, he still got the better of the action during his inactive periods and thats what people are supposed to judge, the actual fight, not narratives that rely on assumptions like "Rungvisai hits harder" despite literally never rocking Estrada either.

Estrada also just minimises punches by rolling and letting his body go with the punch and most so called body shots where at least partially blocked if not outright dodged and blocked......"but Sor punches hard doe"... watch the fight without bias and dont fall for the "Estrada is losing because Sor is doing better than he was earlier" narratives...and stop believing compubox too

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            youre calling me a noob and you dont know compubox is two wankers hitting buttons when they think they see a punch land? youre talking about the numbers like they're undeniable fact. Compubox is more like stupid fluff that is increasingly used as propaganda.

Estrada got punished for starting off well and then going too defensive in the middle rounds, but aside from 3 rounds, he still got the better of the action during his inactive periods and thats what people are supposed to judge, the actual fight, not narratives that rely on assumptions like "Rungvisai hits harder" despite literally never rocking Estrada either.

Estrada also just minimises punches by rolling and letting his body go with the punch and most so called body shots where at least partially blocked if not outright dodged and blocked......"but Sor punches hard doe"... watch the fight without bias and dont fall for the "Estrada is losing because Sor is doing better than he was earlier" narratives...and stop believing compubox too
            Lol okay but i also used MY OWN EYES like everybody else. Estrada simply didn't do enough. Plain and Simple. You do realized, boxing is also scored round by round right. Sri definitely won more rounds lol. You're the one who's blind and biased thinking Estrada actually did anything enough to win enough rounds. It definitely wasn't 117-111, but 115-113 is about right. AND YES lol I know compubox is two guys punching a button, but they are professionals button pushers lol.

Fck the compubox numbers. lol Estrada was NOT rolling..thats what you like to think but he was not rolling, shoulder rolling whatever the fck you think. He was just trying to stick and move, which turned out to be totally ineffective because when he did hit Sri with good shots, he fcking moved away instead of putting more pressure!! He did absolutely nothing in the middle rounds, he couldnt figure Sri out, couldn't close the distance when he wanted..Estrada was getting off first and still losing exchanges! That right hand was hitting alot of air in the middle rounds and he wasn't able to land anything for about 6-7 middle rounds. And when Estrada couldnt land the right hand..he didnt know what to do. Sri controlled the distance without even moving! Estrada looked like a deer in headlights a huge portion of the fight. I actually like Estrada too and prefer his boxing style to Sri's.. So next time you just randomly decide to call someone biased, dont be so quick. Not everyone is some random guy who just cheers for his favorite fighters. There's actually people out here who watch all fights/all fighters and not just the ppv or big fights. And yeah, it does fcking matter if you hit harder lol this is boxing.

None of your arguments work out. Estrada got schooled. I wish he could've fought better tonight, but maybe next time.

P.S. AND YES YOU ARE A NOOB lol Your reasons why you think Estrada won are incredibly shallow.
            Last edited by SpeedForce; 02-25-2018, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• So Sor already beat Chocolatito twice and now estrada. I like this Thai warrior. I guess he should be top 5 p4p.

Comment

• Maybe the tie one it was a close fight what in God's name was Steve Morrow looking at , giving the Thai 9 rounds.. California judges are turning into Las Vegas judges inept..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  Maybe the tie one it was a close fight what in God's name was Steve Morrow looking at , giving the Thai 9 rounds.. California judges are turning into Las Vegas judges inept..
                  Look at his actual scorecard??? He has 1's in front of the 9??? Its like he changed a few rounds so he didnt have Sor winning 11 rounds??? Only 9 rounds no fn way.

Rounds 1-2 most felt Estrada won. And then 8-12 Mostly him but I can see giving 1-2 of thise to Sor..

114-114 or 115-113 Sor.

But 9 rounds my ass!

Comment

• Super-impressed by Estrada. He looked like he was heavily out-gunned in the first half of the fight and almost fighting scared - didn't see any way back, but he gritted it it out and took the second half of the fight. Fair result in my book though, but no real loser in this fight, and with the Arroyo win, just shows how close all the top guys in this division are.

Cuadras disappointed though, just looked way more ragged than I've seen him before. Not that he's ever been silky, but maybe credit to Arroyo for making him look more ragged.

Rungvisai v Arroyo sounds good. Nietes v Higa hopefully, Estrada chance for rematch with Choco maybe to round out ? Or if Higa moved up and took on Cuadras - bombs away. Lots of possibilities for the next round robin.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                      Maybe the tie one it was a close fight what in God's name was Steve Morrow looking at , giving the Thai 9 rounds.. California judges are turning into Las Vegas judges inept..
                      And he gave Sor rounds 8-11??? I felt 8, 9, 10 Estrada CLEARLY win. With 11 toss up?? But probably give him that one also.

Rounds 1-2 either way. Split them if want.

Rounds 3-7 no doubt Sor.

8-12 Estrada.

Thats 6-6. Give Sor 11th round 7-5.

9 ROUNDS?? SMH! And it does look like he changed his card. Because he knew 11 rounds would get him hopelfully FIRED!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X