Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Joshua, Miller Win, They'll Fight in August at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    but gee...why on earth would joshua want to come to little old brooklyn usa when hes selling so many seats in uk soccer stadiums? gee i cant figure out why ...on earth

help me please figure this out all you UK know it alls
    Hearn wanting to become a top promoter in the states aj needs to leg him

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Yea that's been written on the wall for awhile now. I was just wondering when that Showtime matching deal was up. Now that it soon will be HBO is the favorite to get him or Showtime will need to write him a nice check.

I'm not in the camp that believes it means it's impossible to make Joshua vs Wilder doe if he ends up with HBO. The reality is Wilder is the B side and as such will need to bend in more than one way to make this fight.
      This was Showtime's matching deal. HBO made an offer for this fight and Showtime matched it. Hearn is taking Joshua to HBO because he sees the void left by Arum. I highly doubt Wilder will fight on an HBO only PPV. But is Joshua/Wilder big enough to warrant HBO/Showtime working together on a PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        This was Showtime's matching deal. HBO made an offer for this fight and Showtime matched it. Hearn is taking Joshua to HBO because he sees the void left by Arum. I highly doubt Wilder will fight on an HBO only PPV. But is Joshua/Wilder big enough to warrant HBO/Showtime working together on a PPV?
        I think so. It's been a long time since a legitimate heavyweight super fight. Well, not too long. Forgot Joshua-Klitchko.
        Last edited by Mammoth; 02-20-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          If this is true it will be a massive fight.. the lead up will be hilarious plus what better way for AJ to get introduced to the US and set up a fight against Wilder in the fall.

I've always said Wilder vs AJ will not happen until Both guys fight in each others country.. If Whyte beats Browne Wilder should fight him in the UK and maximise the potensial for AJ vs Wilder.. AJ needs to become a bigger name in the states and Wilder needs to KO Whyte and instantly become a HUGE name in the UK.
          Because Hearn wants a big US fight and a big UK rematch. He knows there's too much money involved for Joshua-Wilder to not happen.

Comment

But Boxing in the US is dead.However having HBO and Showtime both behind a Super Heavyweight Fight in Las Vegas featuring two Knockout Artists one American the other British will surely make it a huge event.

Comment

This guy (Hearn)is making a coward out of Josuha.Or maybe its Josuha?Either way this is a joke.1st he says they gotta fight PEDetkin in Mand that's not even been ordered and wont fight in USA because its not needed and now its Miller who is bottom top 10 but not the fight REAL fans wont to see.And more importantly the SPORT needs.All REAL fans can hope is BOTH win next and Josuha(the real boss anyway)steps up and dares to be great.Mini promoter fanboys need not reply.

Comment

Well I'm saying this is the last time there is a matching deal for Showtime. Showtime will need to outbid HBO for Joshua's future services in some new multi-fight offer + hope its enough to make Joshua want to stick with them vs go to HBO with his promoter.

I think this could potentially look like the Stevenson situation with HBO a few years back with Showtime being put to the test with how much they wanna make Joshua vs Wilder.

But even if Joshua does go to HBO that just needs Wilder needs to realize whats what. He's not the draw. He's not the money guy. He's not the A side. He will have to bend or he won't get that fight & being that he's not really signed to Showtime (as far as I know anyway) like Joshua will be to HBO he should be the guy walking to the other side of the fence.

Wilder is gonna need to realize this is his career to & Joshua will had made the best move for his career/bank account & Wilder will need to be bold enough to do the same if Showtime doesn't put up the money to insure this fight happens late this year or next year.

Comment

That's whole reason I bought the showtime package cause no more big fights were coming on HBO. Either way I have both now.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    but gee...why on earth would joshua want to come to little old brooklyn usa when hes selling so many seats in uk soccer stadiums? gee i cant figure out why ...on earth

help me please figure this out all you UK know it alls
                    Simple... If he fights Miller and he gets a lot of eyes on him it might mike a PPV fight with Wilder more likely. They're just testing the waters to see if it makes sense to have it in the US.

Comment

LMFAO...now THIS would be an entertaining press tour 😂! The hard urban Miller would have a field day with Joshua's proper British upbringing 😂

Comment

Working...
                      X