No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman Need not ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Thurman Need not ....

I'm not a big fan of Keith Thurman like his true loyal fans.But I do have to say lately many fighters & fans are stepping up to him with this & that. To be honest Keith does not need to be explaining ***** to anyone on why he ain't fighting them especially to Porter or Garcia. He has beaten Porter & Garcia therefore they need to back up & let someone else get a shot. I realize that Porter is the mandatory challenger now, but damn, he already beat him. It's not easy getting up to fight someone you already beat. Like it or not he is the man at 147. I just saw a video with him & Porter, and he's explaining why this & that, If I was him I wouldn't explain jack & get into all that. If anything Garcia & Porter should get it on & the winner should be the real mandatory challenger. I'm not even a Keith Fan, but the guy beat 2 top dogs in the division give him his props & respect. He earn it & deserves it.

He beat them clearly enough in my eyes that he doesn't owe them an immediate rematch. As a two belt champion he should fight a decent contender next. Somebody at least in the top 10 world rated welterweights. As a champion he owes that much to the fans and the boxers in his weight class. It's a shame he hurt his elbow but it shouldn't become everyone else's problem. He has already been off a very long time. He can test the elbow out in sparring. If it holds up in hard sparring it should hold up in a fight. If he wants to be respected as a good champion he shouldn't defend his title against an unranked easy opponent like he said he was going to do. After a tune up with somebody in the lower part of the top 10 contenders he should fight Spence or it really looks like he is avoiding Spence. Meanwhile Porter and Garcia can fight each other or challenge Spence for his part of the title.That's how I see the situation anyway. I have always been a Thurman fan but he is losing me and probably other fans with his recent statements about how he plans to defend his titles.

Comment

[QUOTE=boliodogs;18503551]He beat them clearly enough in my eyes that he doesn't owe them an immediate rematch. As a two belt champion he should fight a decent contender next. Somebody at least in the top 10 world rated welterweights.

Sugar Ray Lenrd:
      Agreed. He should've taken the Vargas fight. Spence is the new star in the division but Keith is still the top dog in the division. Crawford is a baaad mofo, but he hasn't fought as a welter yet. I'm just waiting for these guys to start fighting each other.

Comment

Working...
      X