Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: Eubank Jr. is Never, Ever Going To Be a World Beater!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    Like I said, I'm not talking about fame. 'Fame and skill level' are totally unconnected, so it's not 'however you want to slice it' at all.

I took issue with you saying he wasn't a respected name in world boxing when he was a champion, which he definitely was.

How famous Khan or Joshua are today has got absolutely nothing to do with it. We are living in totally different times now with the internet anyway.

Amir Khan is well known in UK by casual fans, but he's not particularly respected right now in the boxing world.

Fame and respect are two different things.

I'm talking about Benn being a world class champion in his prime, one of the top 3 at super middleweight weight easily in the mid 90's.

If you were originally talking about just how famous he was, I wouldn't take issue, but I don't think you were.

I was taking about famous, as far as skill level Benn was never P4P top 3. He didn't beat a lot of elite talent. He just didn't which is why he's not in the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      I was taking about famous, as far as skill level Benn was never P4P top 3. He didn't beat a lot of elite talent. He just didn't which is why he's not in the HOF.
      Can you actually read?? I didn't say he was in the p4p top 3.
      I said he was in the top 3 supper middleweights when he was champion. Like I said, Roy Jones said he would be a tough opponent if they fought and that he respected him.
      You can try and back track and evade admitting the truth, but the truth is Nigel Benn was respected in America and around the world in the 90's as a good champion. We're not talking about fame outside boxing here. He went to the US twice and won both times. He was respected by journalists, fans and fighters.

Comment

Working...
      X