Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios: I'm Mad Over Stoppage, I Was Ready To Continue!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah fam....his head almost detached from his body and pop fly'd into the rafters

Comment

I'd have given Rios a little respect if he would have given credit to the man who just KOd his ass. A lucky punch? He started to mugging after getting punched like he a did against PAC man. He's like Adrien Broner. Full of himself! Needs to quit. He's done!

Comment

Rios needs to retire. His brain must be mashed potato

Comment

dying in the ring makes that L easier to take.

''i went out like a man. a dumb assed, way past it man.''

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
            After watching it a few times... I do think he was able to continue.

He followed Bayless' instructions.

Then he hopped around. Bayless didn't like the hopping I guess..

But it seems like he was just getting ready again.
            I agree with this. That was the first time he went down the whole fight and he got up fairly quickly. There was only 40 seconds left in the round, he could have easily tied up and recovered. In a championship fight he should have been given the benefit of the doubt. It wouldnt have mattered anyway because Robert Garcia was going in the ring to stop it but he should have been allowed to continue.

Comment

He was done...

Comment

Rios went down like a drunk guy outside a takeaway on a Saturday night.

Comment

He had trouble getting up but once he did ..he seemed conscious of things.... i still say.. it was the Rios Hop. Bayless wasn't looking at his legs when he started hopping.

Bayless was like."no hopping around now son.. you are done"
                  I agree, he was a bit unsteady but fighters are wobbled all the time and carry on. I think he could have been given the benefit of the doubt. If he went down again then call it off.

Comment

I don't have a problem with Rios wanting to continue. He made a mistake and got caught. He was doing well and the fight would have been interesting if it continued.

With that being said the ref made the right decision. Rios was unsteady and didn't react well to the refs instructions.

Garcia is still regressing as a fighter to me. In the beginning he looked like he didn't know how to handle Rios' pressure. Even when he caught Rios with good shots he was looking to clinch or escape. This is the same guy that stood his ground and took bombs from Matthysse.

Comment

After watching it a few times... I do think he was able to continue.
                      He could have continued and whatever Garcia threw next would have hurt Rios very very badly, maybe even permanently.

Comment

Working...
                      X