Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter- Confrontation in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
    Haymon compensates Porter the same for a fight with Thurman or Prter
    No way Haymon pays Porter the same amount to fight himself as he would pay him to fight Thurman.

Comment

The only thing I took from this interview is that Keith Thurman is making all this money and didn't even have health insurance. Tragic

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/10/...amont-peterson

The fight was announced October 14. Fights take months to negotiate.

Peterson vacated on October 3 because the IBF won't let you unify with a "regular" WBA title.

http://www.************.com/2017/10/...spence-decjan/

And?

And?

Porter & Garcia were being lined up for an interim WBC title fight, but Garcia decided to take the rest of the year off.

Peterson was the most credible opponent offered to Spence. Spence is willing to fight anybody obviously.
        Perhaps you misunderstood. I don't care about proof that he made the fight with Lamont, we all know it happened. I mean proof that there was no way that after Spence won the title from Brook that a Porter fight couldn't be worked out. Porter fought Berto in April, Spence won his title in May. Spence then went on record saying he wanted the top guys and put the off out there for Porter, Garcia, etc. Garcia decides to sit out the year, cool. Porter then goes on to fight Granados instead of getting a free crack at the IBF title. Heck Porter is even on record saying some crap about because Spence wasn't on his radar 3 years ago he's not thinking about him now

He clearly just doesn't want the fight, and that's ok. Just don't act like he can't be called out on it

Nowhere did I say what I prefer. You made that up. Or you can't read. So are you a liar or are you illiterate? Because clearly I never said what I prefer.

I'm on this forum because I'm paid to be here. There are some great fans here, but there's no way I'd waste my time putting up with so many trolls and idiots if i wasn't being paid to do so. The average IQ on this site is double digits at best.
        I didn't say that you outright said you prefer that, I said I can tell by the crap you are saying. You're paid to be here huh!? Yeah me too bro

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          The only thing I took from this interview is that Keith Thurman is making all this money and didn't even have health insurance. Tragic
          Yeah I thought that was odd as well. How are you a fighter for a living without health insurance?

Comment

Errol the plague spence

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I mean proof that there was no way that after Spence won the title from Brook that a Porter fight couldn't be worked out.
              What if the shoe was on the other foot and it was Spence that had a guaranteed fight against Thurman. Do you think he would have fought Porter instead? Of course not. Spence and Porter both want the same thing -- the biggest fight possible.

For Spence, the biggest fight possible at the time was Peterson, so that's the fight he took. Nobody bigger than Peterson was willing and able to fight him at the time.

For Porter, the biggest fight possible is a rematch with Thurman. A rematch he's guaranteed to have due to his position as mandatory. Why would he give up the biggest fight possible for a smaller fight for less money, against arguably a tougher opponent?!?

He clearly just doesn't want the fight, and that's ok. Just don't act like he can't be called out on it
              No. He clearly just doesn't want the fight NEXT.

And he doesn't want it next because he already earned a guaranteed shot at a much bigger and more lucrative fight. Why would he give up a bigger fight with bigger money to take a smaller fight with less money? Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Yeah I thought that was odd as well. How are you a fighter for a living without health insurance?
                And this was AFTER he had the car accident. And he said he got the Florida blue card. Is he on Obamacare?

Comment

I can't believe Keith Thurman was a pro boxer and champion without health insurance and so had to pay 25 grand for his elbow surgery.

Comment

Porter is legit tough guy looking for a fight. He is going at them asking for a fight. Too bad he is not going after Spence the same way.

But I wish there were more fighters like Porter that want to fight who is on top instead of fighting second tier fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                      I can't believe Keith Thurman was a pro boxer and champion without health insurance and so had to pay 25 grand for his elbow surgery.
                      Doesn’t boxing provide an oxymoron for health insurance?

Why would insurances care to provide breaks for men willing to danger their health. These aren’t “accidents.”

Comment

Working...
                      X