Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decisions a Bloody Chris Eubank Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
    why did groves do that in the last round ffs
    Dislocated Shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The ref was garbage both ways I thought.

Rarely seemed to warn Groves for all the holding he was doing & I think there was an argument for a KD he missed.
      Regardless it was a very clean and non controversial win for Groves. Outside round twelve, which Grove’s shoulder was hurt, and a couple other rounds, Groves won everything else cleanly.

The argument was for a Groves knock down of Eubank, but even if they had ruled it a knock down, that would have been controversial as it wasnt a true clean knock down. So no harm, no foul.

I never really liked Groves, as I was a huge Froch fan. But man im truly happy for the guy with this win.

Comment

• So glad with the decision, I managed to get Groves at 5/1 by decision on Betfair.

Will Eubank finally admit that he needs somebody in his corner?

Comment

• Groves is out of WBSS because of shoulder dislocation. Eubank has high chances to be in the finals

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Im trying to figure out what kind of skills Eubank Jr has besides bumrushing his opponent.
            It was almost enough to win on one card! Lol! Same exact thing as Kovalev-Ward. The only way Ward could score anything against Kovalev was to bumrush him head first, forcing Kovalev to use his arms to protect himself from the headbutt, which opened up Kovalev's body (and nuts) for Ward to slap him with one arm while holding with the other.

But they gave Ward the win! So Eubank Jr will be just fine. He just needs to come to Vegas, start fighting there, and he will be P4P #1 in no time. I think he damaged Groves more in this fight than Ward damaged Kovalev in Kovalev-Ward I.

Comment

• Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
              How was that not a knockdown lol
              Yea knee looked like it touched to me. Believe that was the KD that I was thinking shoulda been called too that I mentioned earlier.

Comment

• I haven't seen the fight yet.
                I was picking Eubank by KO.

Congrats George!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiganScott View Post
                  But they also talk utter shiiiite most of the time too. There's only so much of their propaganda you can listen to. They shoveled it down our throats the past couple of years and it led to this climactic performance.
                  True - maybe now they will come back down to earth and be a little more humble.

Comment

• I'm at a loss as to how anyone ever thought this guy was any good. Not that I'd knock anyone for saying he might beat Groves, but why did anyone ever think he was anything special? Pure hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      The ref was garbage both ways I thought.

Rarely seemed to warn Groves for all the holding he was doing & I think there was an argument for a KD he missed.
                      He was absolutely awful. He kept breaking them while Eubank was actually trying to work too, and Groves was clearly sticking his head in Eubank's face with intent at times

Comment

Working...
                      X