Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: I Want The Fights That Separate Me From My Father

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eubank: I Want The Fights That Separate Me From My Father

Chris Eubank Jr believes victory over George Groves in Saturday's all-British super middleweight world title bout would finally silence the doubters who say he has been living off his famous father's name. The 28-year-old will still have more to do to equal the success and fame of Chris senior even if he captures Groves's WBA crown at the Manchester Arena in what promises to be a feisty affair after the defending champion labelled his opponent a "gimmick".
    [Click Here To Read More]

he beats groves then he finally has his own identity as a fighter i believe..his story is far from done as long as he keeps winning he'll surpass his father

Comment

Now he’s said that I can see him doing exactly what his father did vs Steve Collins and fail to finish him off before getting beaten

Comment

Don't worry you're getting separated form your senses on Saturday.

Comment

Chris snr beat some giants. Michael Watson, benn.
          So beating grooves is simply first rung of ladder. Not comparable to dad

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Come on, Michael Watson was't a giant. He was a very high level domestic level fighter, or fringe world level on his best day. Skilled yes, but nowhere close to being a top level fighter and he actually got robbed in the first fight v Eubank in most people's eyes. It's a shame what happened to him in the rematch and he was talented but let's not get carried away, he wasn't anywhere close to being a top fighter.

Beating Benn was a good win though, but i don't think Benn was a giant or elite. His legacy in the UK might be that of a giant but as a fighter..he was as tough as they come and could mix it at world level but he wasn't elite or a "giant". Still an excellent win though. By far the best win on Eubank's resume, maybe the only real top win over true world class opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Come on, Michael Watson was't a giant. He was a very high level domestic level fighter, or fringe world level on his best day. Skilled yes, but nowhere close to being a top level fighter and he actually got robbed in the first fight v Eubank in most people's eyes. It's a shame what happened to him in the rematch and he was talented but let's not get carried away, he wasn't anywhere close to being a top fighter.

Beating Benn was a good win though, but i don't think Benn was a giant or elite. His legacy in the UK might be that of a giant but as a fighter..he was as tough as they come and could mix it at world level but he wasn't elite or a "giant". Still an excellent win though. By far the best win on Eubank's resume, maybe the only real top win over true world class opponent.
                Graciano Rocchigiani was a decent win, he was 35-0-0 and was former IBF champ at the time when Eubank beat him.
                Not elite or great, but decent

Comment

To be totally honest without the win over Benn, Eubank Snr's resume could be described as...****.

Comment

I think very few Americans know of his dad and also Nigel Ben for that matter. However over in the states this could be easily possible if he wins and comes to vegas time to time. Now as far as being bigger than his dad in the UK idk about that one. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X