Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank: I Want The Fights That Separate Me From My Father

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a second tier fighter (B) fighter I don't think superstardom is where he's headed. He will be like Rios, Gatti, Ward and other non elitists that give a good accounting of themselves against like kind competition but he will never be elite. Groves either. It's not a bad thing. The best fights have been at this level in my opinion. Vasquez-Marquez and Diego Corrales-Castillo. Its all about selling tickets and entertaining fans.

Comment

I don't know if he will surpass his father as Chris Snr was an awesome Champ probably 3rd best ever Super middle from UK and definitely in the top 10 Super middle of all time. He would need to unify the division and defend it for a few years. There are no big names he also needs rematch with Billy Joe Saunders in my books he won the fight but on paper Billy Joe got the nod. If he can over time move up to light heavy and win a title then he could possibly be considered to be better than his father this is tall ask.

Comment

Sadly underestimating Eubanks and Benn.
        Both, for example, fought Gerald McClellan, who was an elite fighter.
        Eubanks drew with him.
        Benn beat him in a thrilling but tragic fight that left G man with brain damage

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
          Sadly underestimating Eubanks and Benn.
          Both, for example, fought Gerald McClellan, who was an elite fighter.
          Eubanks drew with him.
          Benn beat him in a thrilling but tragic fight that left G man with brain damage
          Eubanks never fought McClellan, neither did eubank.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
            As a second tier fighter (B) fighter I don't think superstardom is where he's headed. He will be like Rios, Gatti, Ward and other non elitists that give a good accounting of themselves against like kind competition but he will never be elite. Groves either. It's not a bad thing. The best fights have been at this level in my opinion. Vasquez-Marquez and Diego Corrales-Castillo. Its all about selling tickets and entertaining fans.
            Agree with both aspects of this post. Eubank is not elite or world class, elements of his game are like his engine, athleticism and combination punching, but as a whole, no way.
            Only reason he's in this tournament is because he knows he gets dusted by all the elite middleweights and he sees this division as a soft touch.
            I'm a fan of groves but admittedly same applies, he's more well rounded than eubank but he wouldn't have been able to hang in the super six tourney I don't believe.

A lot of my favourite fighters to watch are second tier though, and I agree they do tend to put on the more entertaining fights, so many times when the top guys face each other it's cagey affair. How many foty contenders was gatti involved in, love that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
              Agree with both aspects of this post. Eubank is not elite or world class, elements of his game are like his engine, athleticism and combination punching, but as a whole, no way.
              Only reason he's in this tournament is because he knows he gets dusted by all the elite middleweights and he sees this division as a soft touch.
              I'm a fan of groves but admittedly same applies, he's more well rounded than eubank but he wouldn't have been able to hang in the super six tourney I don't believe.

A lot of my favourite fighters to watch are second tier though, and I agree they do tend to put on the more entertaining fights, so many times when the top guys face each other it's cagey affair. How many foty contenders was gatti involved in, love that guy.
              I agree with you by looking at Super middle is a soft division and there's no great names in there all the champions are good but not world class, I do believe Chris has potential to be world class but his going to have to unify this division and defend it a for a few years,then go up to light heavy and win titles there, if he doesn't he only be considered to be a average Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                I agree with you by looking at Super middle is a soft division and there's no great names in there all the champions are good but not world class, I do believe Chris has potential to be world class but his going to have to unify this division and defend it a for a few years,then go up to light heavy and win titles there, if he doesn't he only be considered to be a average Champ.
                Sweet Jesus the mess they would make of him at light heavy. He relies on an accumulation of punches rather than having one punch KO power, I wince thinking of him stood in front of the likes of kovalev, beterbiev and Stevenson trying to unload consecutive uppercuts.

Comment

His dad is gonna be hard to top!! Respect jr... Respect..

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post

Thanks, bro. I knew I was on to something!

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                      To be totally honest without the win over Benn, Eubank Snr's resume could be described as...****.
                      to be fair Snr deserves to go down as a legend, for winning the CW world title at the end of his career and getting robbed against carl thompson.

Everyone thought he would get obliterated moving up 2 weight classes, not only did he not get dropped...but he dropped Thompson!

Considering he started at MW, that fight should of defined his career....shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X