No announcement yet.

why are the heavyweights this ****?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are the heavyweights this ****?

I know a heavyweights gonna be slower but surely the technical foundation shouldnt change? Why is it that they are so awful? Or is the technical part of the game not so important at that weight?
    Apart from joshua they all seem to have glaring deficiencies, ortiz is slow as ****, weve all seen the clips of wilder windmilling and falling over throwing a punch, fury punched himself in the face etc.
    And is joshua even that special? what does he do technically thats so impressive or does he just benefit from being one of the only fighters whos in shape and has decent size and technique?
    It seems strange though that the cruisers seem to have that foundation but a few stone north of that the standard goes to ****.
    I know a lot of the americans go into the NFL instead but why arent we seeing the obvious talent that we see in other divisions replicated in the heavyweight division?

troll thread. ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      troll thread. ignore.
      I disagree

Comment

troll thread. ignore.
        Who exactly am I trolling? The whole of the heavyweight division?

Comment

Whats wrong with Ortiz besides being old asf??

Comment

troll thread. ignore.
            You don't know what a troll thread Mr. 3personsfromtheorganizatiinrunsthisacc.

What he asks is actually legit.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Whats wrong with Ortiz besides being old asf??
              Yeah not much wrong with his skills, probabky the best 'boxer' but I think that demonstrates how poor the division is that hes right at the top at his age. Theres no way he's 38, mansour says he's been told he's at least 48 and Allen said he smells like a 70 year old lol.

Comment

"apart from joshua"? eh he actually stands out as being the most robotic and dependent on size/roids out of anyone

The public chooses to ignore cruiserweight. They all lust for the talented 200 lb HWs of old then ignore cruiserweight. Modern HW will remain a size contest. That's why CW was created. A lot of '70s idols would have just been Eddie Chamber'd before anyone knew who they were if they fought today.
                Last edited by ////; 02-16-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

They are all one of the same if you ask me, maybe some a little better than others. Wilder is the wind miller, relies mostly on his size and power, Joshua, I laugh where I hear he is technical. The guy is so stiff and robotic and he basically throws the same punch over and over. I 'll credit his uppercut as i think he might have the best at the moment. Ortiz is the one i 'll say is perhaps the most technical rightfully so considering he put in the most foundational work of them all but you really cant tell with his last few fights. It looks like the older he became, the more blubber he carries around and has lost the fluidity he once had a few years ago. He looked like a plodder in those fights. All in all, I think I think what you are seeing is that most of these heavyweights are failed projects in other sports and fell into boxing consequently they were never afford the progression to learn the sweet science as they would have for the other sport they failed in.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    "apart from joshua"? eh he actually stands out as being the most robotic and dependent on size/roids out of anyone

The public chooses to ignore cruiserweight. They all lust for the talented 200 lb HWs of old then ignore cruiserweight. Modern HW will remain a size contest. That's why CW was created. A lot of '70s idols would have just been Eddie Chamber'd before anyone knew who they were if they fought today.
                    yeah i guess youre right, certainly not that impressed with him either.

Comment

Working...
                    X