Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Lomachenko started off with too good of a resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Lomachenko started off with too good of a resume?

Lomachenko has 11 fights, 3 legit very good wins (Rigondeaux, Russell Jr, Walters), and two other top 10 wins in Sosa and Martinez for a total of 5 wins versus top 10 fighters. This is almost 50% of his resume consists of good wins, which is a high percentage of top 10 wins.

I'm not interested in Lomachenko vs Linares or Beltran, I want Lomachenko vs Mikey, Easter, Pacquiao and Crawford.

Has Lomachenko raised the bar so high for himself, that at his 12th fight, a very good veteran and #3 ranked at 135lbs, like Ray Beltran, is an uninteresting fight for Lomachenko coming up from 130?

Adding Linares and Beltran to his resume in under 15 pro fights would be amazing, but he's spoiling fans so much, that those fights seem undesirable when actually he's going on a crazy fast pace that I have never seen before in my life.

Lomachenko could end up with the best ever 'under 20 fight' resume at this pace.

Why on earth would you want to see Loma dismantle a 40 year old Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Why on earth would you want to see Loma dismantle a 40 year old Pacquiao?
      Because I want to see Loma get more popular, and to do that he has to beat an ATG. Might as well pass the torch to him. No matter how old Pac is, he's fair game cause he's still fighting and he's still a top 10 WW. Bob has to make the fight, it would be a disservice to Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Because I want to see Loma get more popular, and to do that he has to beat an ATG. Might as well pass the torch to him. No matter how old Pac is, he's fair game cause he's still fighting and he's still a top 10 WW. Bob has to make the fight, it would be a disservice to Lomachenko.
        Two questions then.

1) Do you see Loma moving up to 147?
        2) How old (and active) will Manny be by the time Loma is a WW?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Two questions then.

1) Do you see Loma moving up to 147?
          2) How old (and active) will Manny be by the time Loma is a WW?
          The fight won't be that 147, it would be at 135-140, Pacquiao will be either faster on the lower weight or be drained, either he will go out on his shield win or lose or end his career the way he started his stardom.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Lomachenko has 11 fights, 3 legit very good wins (Rigondeaux, Russell Jr, Walters), and two other top 10 wins in Sosa and Martinez for a total of 5 wins versus top 10 fighters. This is almost 50% of his resume consists of good wins, which is a high percentage of top 10 wins.

I'm not interested in Lomachenko vs Linares or Beltran, I want Lomachenko vs Mikey, Easter, Pacquiao and Crawford.

Has Lomachenko raised the bar so high for himself, that at his 12th fight, a very good veteran and #3 ranked at 135lbs, like Ray Beltran, is an uninteresting fight for Lomachenko coming up from 130?

Adding Linares and Beltran to his resume in under 15 pro fights would be amazing, but he's spoiling fans so much, that those fights seem undesirable when actually he's going on a crazy fast pace that I have never seen before in my life.

Lomachenko could end up with the best ever 'under 20 fight' resume at this pace.
            he still lost to salido....and he will lose to mickey and possibly linares

Comment

Isn't Linares considered a better opposition for Lomachenko than Easter after what Easter showed in the last 2 fights?

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                he still lost to salido....and he will lose to mickey and possibly linares
                he can never be great. he should retire

Comment

Stop the got damn press Lemonchenko stan!

Loma talks about wanting to fight the best but when a Crawford fight was on the table, him and his team called it a suicide!

And don't you say it is cuz Bud is at 147 and Loma is at 130, I'm talking bout when Bud was at 140!

Loma's best wins are against unproven midgets, inactive/money starved/ancient fighters!

Heck, you could prolly say his best win was Martinez but he got a gift against Loma's father, Salido!

Right now he better get on Bob's old crusty @ss on making the Linares fight but sounds like Bob got other plans!

Bout to have Lemonchenko face another ancient fighter but this time he'll be juiced so it could level the playing field!

Comment

The irony if Manny goes out the way DLH did against him. A great fighter taking on a prime pound for pound fighter in his prime at a weight he hasn't made in ages. The similarities are eerie.

Comment

Working...
                    X