Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford-Horn/Pacquiao-Alvarado Headed to Vegas, Not MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I agree. I went for the Loma-Rigo fight and had a blast even though it was snowing. I'll go out there for Loma-Linares too. I'm glad Crawford-Horn will be in Vegas I don't feel the need to travel for that one but for a 4 hour drive I'll go.
    Every time I go to a fight in NY we make it an all day event. The more people we go together the crazier it gets.

Comment

Mike Alvarado?

Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
        So the #1 p4p fighter is facing the 6th or 7th best ww on an undercard?

Crawford produces a tough job for Arum. As good as he is, he deserves the paydays that come with it. The problem is espn isn't going to pay him millions for regular espn and he isn't close to being a draw where Arum doesn't lose money for ppv.

It seems Arum is clearly using Pac. Pac will allow Bud to get paid for Horn, and Pac will help boost either Crawford or Loma's name recognition when he loses to whichever one Arum decides to throw him to.

Bud is the same as Ward. Both are/were #1 p4p, both almost always fought in his hometown, both cannot sell ppvs, but as a top p4p fighter less a million or less per fight is not close to what either one deserves.
        You dont even know wtf your talking about. They did a story on Espn where Crawfords former promoter filed suit against Top Rank and it shows all Crawfords purses. Against Indongo he got paid 2 million plus gate money, against Diaz 1.6 plus gate, against Molina 1.5 plus gate, 1.3 against Postol. Crawford is making much more than any Pbc fighter not named Mayweather and is one of the highest paid boxers in the sport http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20683956/terence-crawford-former-promoter-files-suit-top-rank

So quit spewing all these fallacies when you obviously dont know what your talking about

Comment

Arum is like f*** that: I can't risk Matthysse landing a right hand flush on Manny's chin!
          Last edited by Afi23; 02-13-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Lol

Pacquiao gets ready to fight again, word gets out that Arum is lining up Alvarado for the fight, the hardcore fans openly **** on such a matchup (with the casual fans not giving a **** about Pacquiao), Arum throws out the red herring about still negotiating with 4 other names to try and take the heat off of him, only to now confirm that the bull**** matchup that he danced around as not actually being in the works is the only thing that is in the cards, lol.

Manny Pacquiao will fight whomever Arum tells him to fight, as long as his guarantee is there, regardless of the nonsense that he'll try to sell the public.

Comment

Alvarado instead of Mathysse doesnt make this a bad card. Alvarado Rios 1 and 2 were 2 of the best fight ive ever seen. Alvarado is a big guy and likes to brawl at tmes which should make it an entertaining fight while it lasts. Horn is a top 5 welter who I would pick to beat the Danny Garcias and Jessie Vargas's of the division and Crawford is p4p #1 in my eyes so I am pretty excited about this card. 3 top 5 or so welterweights on the same card with the winners fighting in the fall is one of the best cards of the year in my eyes. Pacquiao Crawford and Horn on the same card its great. Mathysse looked like **** in his last fight, Alvarado is on a 4 fight win streak so this looks like a great card. Wish it was in Msg so I could go see it but I willbe going to see Loma Linares at MSG

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Obviously that's a terrible rumor. I actually believe Pacquaio has juiced but come on with so much juicing in sports surely there's so many confidentiality clauses and all that kind of stuff to prevent stuff ever coming up.
                Exactly! I also believe Pacquiao was juicing at some point in his career... Around the time he was running over all them welterweights. If he wasn't then I believe he would of taken the blood tests to fight Mayweather when the fight was first talked about.
                But that fool is lying. No way Arum **** him out even if it's true and he knew about it all along..
                That fool is full of shet for saying that!

Comment

The main reason that the UFC is so much bigger than boxing....

Comment

Was Pac-Alvarado confirmed

Comment

i knew lucas-manny was too good to be true

Comment

Working...
                      X