Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Naoya Inoue(the monster) have pac man potential......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many weight classes he can go up is not the best measure of how good he is or can be. What is important is how good he is or will be in the weight class his body is suited for. Most men stop growing when they are about 25 years old and often younger than that. Pacquiao and Mayweather started when they were very young and grew into heavier weight classes over time. Not all boxers get heavier as they grow older. Inoue isn't a kid. He is a full grown man and he may not naturally grow any heavier than he is right now. Don't expect him to go up to 130 and then 135 and then 140 and then 147 like Pacquiao did because it's not going to happen. He looks like a great fighter to me with tremendous potential in his current weight class and possibly one or two weight classes higher.

Comment

I know it's cool to downplay what Manny achieved while on the internet did but it's probably just not ever being done again.

Comment

I don't usually hype up fighters who haven't proven themselves at the top level continuously, but I think this kid is special. He might not go up a ton of divisions but he'll be extremely hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          I don't usually hype up fighters who haven't proven themselves at the top level continuously, but I think this kid is special. He might not go up a ton of divisions but he'll be extremely hard to beat.
          I agree......

Comment

Manny was just shy of his 25th birthday when he stopped Marco Antonio Barrera. Inoue is just shy of his 25th birthday and his best win is Omar Narvaez. He better hurry the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Manny was just shy of his 25th birthday when he stopped Marco Antonio Barrera. Inoue is just shy of his 25th birthday and his best win is Omar Narvaez. He better hurry the fuck up.
              Agreed.......

Comment

I cant picture him above 122..

Pacquaio is a rare talent that comes along once every 20 years. Inoue is not as much as i like him.

I can see Inoue becoming the greatest fighter of all time in Japan but worldwide recognition like pacman wont happen.

Comment

With respect with to physical attributes,
                  Pac was a 5'7" flyweight champ. Jumped straight to 122lbs bringing with him the power.
                  At 5'7", Pac has the height to compete up to 140lbs without giving so much height.

Inoue is what? 5'5" at best at jr. bantam. Probably above featherweight, he will give too much height advantage.

Skill-wise, Inoue has it. He is different from Pac but he can be very good.

Comment

I can see him go 122 lbs maybe... maybe fw if he fights for 8-10 + years. But as to who can accomplish close to what Pac has done..

Mikey, Lomachenko are the closest in terms of moving up weights.. Bud too to a lesser extent.

LOL.. . Floyd and Pac both fought for over 20+ years..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      He's just too small to be expected to go up 4+ divisions
                      Pac is too small also. If he's near as good as pac he can climb upto 6 division.

Comment

Working...
                      X