Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Knows Why He 'Annoys People, Gets on People's Nerves'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! So many internet tough guys... these brave keyboard warriors! They are like ghost... they don't exist in real life. But they are trolling in droves, Anything wilder says.. ok, I'll play ghost buster.. maybe i can help free someone from there mental cage.." first.. the truth is... u.k fans would love wilder if he was from the u.k.. and are only butthurt cause AJ's days as champion is coming to an end when he faces wilder.. secondly, boxing is a warrior sport.. "don't expect warriors to be nice and friendly, so stop crying about arrogance or ****yness in a fighter, you don't know the mentally of a fighter, or what he had to go thru to become a fighter" and finally.. you are not getting a cut of the financial split.. so.. stfu about what wilder deserves for the fight..!!! And don't live with so much hate in your heart.. it will kill you.

Comment

its because he's black, if he was white Americans would be flocking ar5ound and calling him the great white hope......if he was in the UK he'd be the next Bruno and adored by millions

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        There is no HW who talk more rubbish in the last 15 years with that sort of resume. Having spend 9 years as a pro. More over Lewis fought 15 years ago, Wlad fought 15 years ago, Vitali fought 15 years ago. Are you tellin me that all don’t have a better resume that Wilder after 9 years as a pro?

Rahman after 9 years has a better resume, Brewster after 9 years have a better resume, and they spoke less rubbish than Wilder. Am all for boxers chatting rubbish because they are the ones getting hit in the head but that doesn’t mean we the fans need to back up that rubbish that they are talk about.

You can be a great fan by also calling out BS by your favourite or any fighters BS.

you said if he had a stacked resume you would back him. my response was no heavyweight in the last 15 years has a stacked resume.

now disprove my statement. i said there hasn't been a heavyweight in the last 15 years that has a stacked resume.

vitali doesnt have a stacked resume. he fought 1 great fighter. Lennox.

wlad doesnt have a stacked resume. he never fought a great fighter.

and Lennox retired in 2003

so again, disprove my statement. show me a heavyweight in the last 15 years that has a stacked resume. the heavyweight divison has been a wasteland since Lennox retired.
        Last edited by bluebeam; 02-12-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Doesn't make sense

I'm a fan of Deontay Wilder and I don't have a problem with fighters self promoting with braggadocio commentary. But I just don't like when fighters either lie or say things that don't add up when they self promote. Deontay Wilder has been a pro for a while now and he has had almost 40 fights. He and his trainer admitted that they were still sharpening his skills along the way. Anthony Joshua has been a pro for only half of the time that Wilder has and only has half the amount of fights on his record. How is it that a guy who has only been a pro since 2013 and only been a champion for a year ducking the guy that has been fighting pro for ten years and been a champion since 2015? It doesn't really make sense to say.

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
            I'm a fan of Deontay Wilder and I don't have a problem with fighters self promoting with braggadocio commentary. But I just don't like when fighters either lie or say things that don't add up when they self promote. Deontay Wilder has been a pro for a while now and he has had almost 40 fights. He and his trainer admitted that they were still sharpening his skills along the way. Anthony Joshua has been a pro for only half of the time that Wilder has and only has half the amount of fights on his record. How is it that a guy who has only been a pro since 2013 and only been a champion for a year ducking the guy that has been fighting pro for ten years and been a champion since 2015? It doesn't really make sense to say.

let me get this straight.

you can't be ducking if you have been a champion for a shorter time than the other champion you are accused of ducking?

you sound crazy

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
              Ha! So many internet tough guys... these brave keyboard warriors! They are like ghost... they don't exist in real life. But they are trolling in droves, Anything wilder says.. ok, I'll play ghost buster.. maybe i can help free someone from there mental cage.." first.. the truth is... u.k fans would love wilder if he was from the u.k.. and are only butthurt cause AJ's days as champion is coming to an end when he faces wilder.. secondly, boxing is a warrior sport.. "don't expect warriors to be nice and friendly, so stop crying about arrogance or ****yness in a fighter, you don't know the mentally of a fighter, or what he had to go thru to become a fighter" and finally.. you are not getting a cut of the financial split.. so.. stfu about what wilder deserves for the fight..!!! And don't live with so much hate in your heart.. it will kill you.
              Hey nuthugger, Windmill is a bum
              Social justice warrior combined with white Knight, you are a joke

Comment

You can also knock someone out without saying one word which is what Joshua is going to do eventually to wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  Because Povetkin cheated and the fight was canceled. But Wilder still flew overseas and was willing to fight Povetkin, so you can't label Wilder a ducker just because the other guy got caught cheating. If anything, Povetkin is the ducker for refusing to fight fair.

Wilder's people sat down with AJ's people hoping to make the fight ASAP. AJ's promoter, very understandably, thought it was a smarter business decision to fight late in the year instead of earlier in the year. Wilder is the B-side and has no choice but to wait. But how can Wilder be a ducker when he clearly wants to fight the best available? As soon as AJ turned him down, he went out and signed to fight King Kong. Are those the actions of a ducker?

So Wilder, for no reason other than personal pride, agrees to fight the highest risk/lowest reward fighter on the planet and you still label him a ducker? Do you see how the facts destroy your position?

Wilder has only been champion for three years. He didn't fight a tomato can for a vacant belt. He fought the #2 heavyweight in the world and dominated him to win his WBC title.

Since then, Wilder's two most notable opponents were caught cheating. Sure, it's resulted in Wilder not facing a top tier opponent since 3 years ago, but it's clearly not Wilder's fault and he's scheduled to face a top tier opponent next. So why are we knocking the guy instead of applauding him for facing the biggest available challenge?

Wilder and Joshua have both faced exactly one top heavyweight. To act like either's resume is noticeably superior to the other is silly. Quit the whining and complaining. They need to fight each other. Period. They're clearly the top two heavyweights on the planet. This is the fight that must happen.

Wilder wants it RIGHT NOW. AJ wants it at the end of the year. AJ is the A-Side, so Wilder must wait. But let's not criticize Wilder in the mean time. He wants the fight desperately. To the point where he's clearly overlooking King Kong, which could be a very costly mistake.
                  My point obviously went straight past you. The point was more that in comparison it is far easier to label wilder a ducker than Joshua. And if wilder did really want the fight now he could've had it, but he would've had to price himself reasonably which he was unprepared to do - for whatever reason.

For me personally I think the Parker and Ortiz fights were both good business (should they win) and I actually think they should let the fight stir until 2019 as they can build profile of the fight up even more. Fans want the fight now and rightly so in some cases but from a business perspective it just makes sense.

That's why I would still like to see Joshua face Parker, Potvetkin and Haye or Miller this year.

That's why I would also like to see Wilder fight Ortiz, Whyte and Pulev.

Comment

The real strength lies in being the people's champ. Enlightened boxers figure it out. Foreman figured it out late and it did him right. Wilder could make some changes and get people behind him. Do some good. I know you missed Z on purpose with the uppercut, and the talk about hospitalizing people is just you playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      My point obviously went straight past you. The point was more that in comparison it is far easier to label wilder a ducker than Joshua.
                      No, it's not. Because Wilder has never ducked anybody and Joshua, at best, is a delayer/marinater. I personally wouldn't label either a ducker. They both have agreed to big challenges. But if you insist on comparing who is easier to label a ducker, it has to be the guy that wants to delay their showdown to the end of the year. It can't be the guy who wanted the fight immediately. That's just common sense.

And if wilder did really want the fight now he could've had it
                      That's a lie. The fight was not offered. Hearn made it clear the fight made more business sense later in the year, Hearn was right, Haymon & Finkel know Hearn is right, so there really wasn't anything that could be done to change Hearn's mind.

but he would've had to price himself reasonably which he was unprepared to do - for whatever reason.
                      That's a lie. Any Joshua vs. Wilder delays have nothing to do with the split. Both sides know Joshua is the A-side. Wilder is "demanding" 50/50 in public because you always start high, but the fight will get done at 60/40 no problem. Had Wilder been willing to do 65/35 to get the fight in March instead of November, it wouldn't have changed anything other than weakening his bargaining position for November as Hearn still wouldn't have done the fight in March.

Comment

Working...
                      X