Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Knows Why He 'Annoys People, Gets on People's Nerves'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he knows he's a prick and he loves it? Also don't use Ali name you bum, you are not fit to carry his jockstrap.
    Last edited by Boksfan; 02-11-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Just keep winning and getting them knockouts you'll never please everybody and don't try to either!!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        lmao jack johnson, Ali......and deontay wilder.

Ali had more charisma in his pinky than wilder has, who is a bumbling idiot who has more in common with Ricky from trailer park boys for constantly mispronouncing simple words.

Wilder has been a pro for 10 + years and is about to have his first real fight at the age of 32. he has zero credibility among boxing fans
        He constantly mouths off despite fighting bums and struggling with them, with some of the worst octopus-esque technique you will ever see.

Wilder is not hated, he is just considered a joke.... for good reason.
        yea ali had charisma. but he was hated. period. ali only became a huggable icon when he lost his ability to speak. without that disease theres a good chance ali would've been the most outspoken/targeted activist in america after his boxing career.

and when ali was calling himself the greatest there were people triggered by that. im not saying wilder is on the level of ali but that doesnt disprove these facts.

ali proved himself in the ring and that is what wilder seeks to do. thats why hes chasing AJ for a fight because he knows thats the ticket to the top of the HW division and credibility.

give wilder a chance to prove it. nobody wanted to fight ortiz. not even AJ. so its obvious hes dead serious.

and that whole "im the greatest" persona was stolen from a wrestler. and just like wilder said if he says something then does it it makes it more powerful. let the man talk his sht.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post

He doesn't have a great following because he's never been in a 50/50 fight, Stiverne I is the only fight he's been in where you could even make a case for the opponent winning. Contrast this with Joshua, where a number of people thought that his step up against Wlad was too soon for him.
          Spot on. Joshua’s has fought a few fights which people said were too early, klitscko and Martin being the two highlighted the most. Hindsight says Martin wasn’t a champion and klitschko was past it - but it’s easy to say that afterwards.

But let’s give wilder credit for fighting Ortiz. More importantly let’s hope he takes on a decent opponent afterwards, only really Joshua (or parker), Pulev, Povetkin and Whyte probably fall into the category for me. If he can start not that the following will grow, and let’s be honest if wilder beat Ortiz, whyte then pulev - his profile should have gained significantly - which brings the American market into bigger discussion for a unification fight and ultimately would let a 50/50 fight become much more realistic

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            Spot on. Joshua’s has fought a few fights which people said were too early, klitscko and Martin being the two highlighted the most. Hindsight says Martin wasn’t a champion and klitschko was past it - but it’s easy to say that afterwards.

But let’s give wilder credit for fighting Ortiz. More importantly let’s hope he takes on a decent opponent afterwards, only really Joshua (or parker), Pulev, Povetkin and Whyte probably fall into the category for me. If he can start not that the following will grow, and let’s be honest if wilder beat Ortiz, whyte then pulev - his profile should have gained significantly - which brings the American market into bigger discussion for a unification fight and ultimately would let a 50/50 fight become much more realistic
            Martin was a tomato can. And everybody on this site said as much. Especially when Povetkin won the purse bid. Everyone thought Wilder would never go to Russia and would vacate and fight for Martin’s title.
            Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 02-11-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

If he had a stacked resume then I think we all would probably back him.

Comment

What is this guy on? Someone give him his meds! Wilder should not mention Ali's name and his own in the same breath. Any comparison to Ali is crazy. Ali was both loved and hated at the beginning because he opposed the Vietnam war and embraced Islam. But he won everyone over with time when people realized that he was sincere in his beliefs.
                Ali had a great sense of humor. He put people on and folks knew it and loved it. He entertained people with his antics! It wasn't just all talk and whining like Wilder. Ali took on the toughest guys on the planet throughout his career -- even when should have avoided them. That is why he was more revered her and abroad than any other athlete in the 20th century. Mr. Wilder, I remember Muhammed Ali and you are no Ali.

Comment

Without reading anything other than the headline can I guess he says "Cause I'm black"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Without reading anything other than the headline can I guess he says "Cause I'm black"?

"dont make a ass out of yourself by assuming"

puff daddy

Comment

To hear someone bragging is absolutely annoying, but is does make people take notice. It's what Ali always did, so its not surprising that Wilder would take a page from someone as famous & influential as Ali......its still annoying though. But at the same time calling out Joshua repeatedly is all part of the game! Joshua needs to know theres someone out there not at all intimidated by being ignored, muscles, size, talk & silly drunken fan aura filling up soccer stadiums......

Comment

Working...
                      X