Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Knows Why He 'Annoys People, Gets on People's Nerves'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, now he is comparing himself with ali? lol he is reaching the floyd's level when he said that he receives more racism now than ali because of twitter and social media
    Last edited by Dean_Razorback; 02-11-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

well he has a point. ali was hated. more hated than mayweather to be exact. his whole public persona was stolen from superstar wrestler gorgeous george. that whole "I'm the Greatest" gimmick did rub people the wrong way. mainly those who felt SRR and Joe Louis were the true GOATs.

ali watched how hated the wreslter was but how much money ppl paid to see him lose and he took that and ran with it.

gorgeous george gave ali advice when he was the young cassius clay at 19 years old. this wrestler was the original ric flair. he would even get his hair brushed by his personal valet in the ring.. just like broner. and this was in the 1940's.

but the real pioneer of "I dont give a Fck" attitude in boxing is most definitely Jack Johnson.

so i guess i was right in a prior post i made. i suggested wilder might be embracing the role of heel. and he just confirmed it. a great heel always irritates people to the point they want to see him knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
        well he has a point. ali was hated. more hated than mayweather to be exact. his whole public persona was stolen from superstar wrestler gorgeous george. that whole "I'm the Greatest" gimmick did rub people the wrong way. mainly those who felt SRR and Joe Louis were the true GOATs.

ali watched how hated the wreslter was but how much money ppl paid to see him lose and he took that and ran with it.

gorgeous george gave ali advice when he was the young cassius clay at 19 years old. this wrestler was the original ric flair. he would even get his hair brushed by his personal valet in the ring.. just like broner. and this was in the 1940's.

but the real pioneer of "I dont give a Fck" attitude in boxing is most definitely Jack Johnson.

so i guess i was right in a prior post i made. i suggested wilder might be embracing the role of heel. and he just confirmed it. a great heel always irritates people to the point they want to see him knocked out.
        lmao jack johnson, Ali......and deontay wilder.

Ali had more charisma in his pinky than wilder has, who is a bumbling idiot who has more in common with Ricky from trailer park boys for constantly mispronouncing simple words.

Wilder has been a pro for 10 + years and is about to have his first real fight at the age of 32. he has zero credibility among boxing fans
        He constantly mouths off despite fighting bums and struggling with them, with some of the worst octopus-esque technique you will ever see.

Wilder is not hated, he is just considered a joke.... for good reason.

Comment

Wilder doesn't seem to understand that if he wants the big fight with AJ, he needs to stop trying to distract him into some lame, kiddie smack talking, twitter feud and let him focus on dealing with the legit threat Oilskin Parker poses.

Not only that, but he should quit motivating Ortiz to shut his big mouth up and focus on the legit threat King Kong poses.

He really is his own worst enemy...

Grown man going round yelling BOMBSQUAD at every opportunity and wearing a silly mask into the ring.

May as well be wearing, whiteface makeup, a big red nose and oversize shoes instead.
          Last edited by pollywog; 02-11-2018, 11:08 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

Comment

If Wilder puts in the same kind of performances that he has been putting in but against much better opposition then he will draw the crowds he's looking for.

He doesn't have a great following because he's never been in a 50/50 fight, Stiverne I is the only fight he's been in where you could even make a case for the opponent winning. Contrast this with Joshua, where a number of people thought that his step up against Wlad was too soon for him.

The public aren't going to get excited about defences against the likes of Molina, Duahapas, Spilka, Washington because what is there really to talk about, other than what round they'll go down in? If he were to destroy Anthony Joshua then he'd be a world star, I have no doubt. If he were then to defend his titles against tough opposition then people would talk about his standing against the greats of the past.

At the moment though he's getting way ahead of himself trying to talk his way into fame (or, at very least, as big a slice of the AJ pie as he can get). This is is why people are beginning to find him irritating. The public aren't ******, they're not going to just believe you unless you give them a reason to believe you. If he goes on to prove that he really is great then people will reassess what he's saying now and give him props. Until he defeats stronger opposition though, he's just going to come across as arrogant and irritating.

To top this off, he's now comparing himself to legends of the past that people have a great deal of admiration for when he doesn't really have a strong enough resume to make the case. Saying that he would destroy Tyson, and comparing himself to Ali annoys people because it comes across as unsubstantiated and disrespectful.

Comment

What else is new with these useless articles?
              No one in the media can't ask him why he didn't fight Klitschko.
              That's what I want to know, not these useless crap.

Comment

We hear you champ

Comment

guys a clown, even if he beats Ortiz that will be his 1st live opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Except Ali fought Liston in his 20th fight .

You fought STIVERE in your 33rd fight and havent fought what would be considered a top 10 opponent since 2015 .
                    Couldn’t have said it better

Comment

No Wilder we just want you to fight real Contenders in the top 5 no more of these ranked 50 or that Hippo you just fought

Comment

Working...
                      X