No announcement yet.

Becoming a Fighter - Not Using your Real Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a Fighter - Not Using your Real Name

Imagine you became a fighter, and used an Alias. Completely different name. And then became very good. Rather great actually. Possibly the best boxer of all time.

Let's say it's a decent name, nothing weird or anything. Actually quite catchy.

Could you deal with that?

Pitty bump

Comment

Figured people would jump all over this one. I’ve always found it interesting how someone would be able to do it.

Comment

depends?

why I would I even change my name to begin with?

am I on the run? then I wont care cause nothing I can do about it so life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          depends?

am I on the run? then I wont care cause nothing I can do about it so life goes on.
          Trump is chasing you and you would have to go back, so you have to make up a name

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            depends?

Not sure. It’s not a trick question or anything*

If I lived all my life with a name, and then changed it during an amateur fight and just kept it... I’d probably want to change it back.. I guess it would depend how famous I got and how quick it happened.

But I think as a pro even if the name was good, something inside would want me to use my real name. There would be a bit of an internal battle here and there I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              Imagine you became a fighter, and used an Alias. Completely different name. And then became very good. Rather great actually. Possibly the best boxer of all time.

Let's say it's a decent name, nothing weird or anything. Actually quite catchy.

Could you deal with that?
              worked for Ali.

Also, Sugar Ray Robinsons real name was Walker Smith JR. He went by Ray Robinson because as an amateur he stole/borrowed his older friends birth certificate because he was underage.

I know I could do it. I have a big, cajun french last name which is hard to pronounce, and I don't even speak french. So I could use a pseudonym.
              Last edited by _Rexy_; 02-05-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Ray Robinson did it. His real name was Walker Smith.

Comment

Damnit guys you were supposed to keep it going. Lol. Just exposed some guys with limited boxing knowledge.

No doubt one was MCC and Robinson was FROM Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    Trump is chasing you and you would have to go back, so you have to make up a name
                    trump fat ass cant catch me.

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Not sure. It’s not a trick question or anything*

If I lived all my life with a name, and then changed it during an amateur fight and just kept it... I’d probably want to change it back.. I guess it would depend how famous I got and how quick it happened.

But I think as a pro even if the name was good, something inside would want me to use my real name. There would be a bit of an internal battle here and there I’m sure.
                    Its not big of a issue, people change thier names all the time hell all those thai fighters real last name aint ____GYM lol

plus ali did it.

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    worked for Ali.

Also, Sugar Ray Robinsons real name was Walker Smith JR. He went by Ray Robinson because as an amateur he stole/borrowed his older friends birth certificate because he was underage.

I know I could do it. I have a big, cajun french last name which is hard to pronounce, and I don't even speak french. So I could use a pseudonym.
                    DING DING DING

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Ray Robinson did it. His real name was Walker Smith.
                    DING DING DING

In fact I remeber jim lampley speaking on something like this on HBO boxing and was upset cause boxrec wouldnt reconize asain fighters changed name or something like that and brought up Ray Robinson real name as walker smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X