Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      If I got to pick an alias it would be Tiger Muhammad
      That IS a bad ass name.

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      I’d be Jason Duracell Battery
      LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Damnit guys you were supposed to keep it going. Lol. Just exposed some guys with limited boxing knowledge.

No doubt one was MCC and Robinson was FROM Detroit.
        Huh??? How did you expose anyone?

Comment

It's just a name, just words. Someone made that **** up in the past and now we make a big deal out of it.

Couldn't care less.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            He's a Thai fighter. Named Knockout CP Freshmart

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockout_CP_Freshmart
            That's a nickname. Like all Thai fighters they don't use their birth names when they start fighting, they pick a nickname. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai is also just a nickname, Srisaket is the province the guy comes from, Sor Rungvisai is a politician who sponsors him and another popular boxer.

That's completely different to changing your name in the western world. Names in Thailand can officially be changed as often as you wish.
            Last edited by TheUntouchable; 02-06-2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

If you changed your name legally to something that would sound cooler or avoid confusion with another fighter, I suppose you'd feel fine about it. A guy named Barry Joe Jablonski changes his name to Clint Eastwood and rattles off a string of wins, he probably feels pretty cool.

If you were on the run or ducking charges or something, someone is going to find out through the identification verification process when you apply for a license somewhere. Even if you somehow beat the system, end up on tv, that's on the internet forever and someone is going to recognize you sooner or later.

Comment

I'd call myself Piotr Stepanovich Verjovensky

that's the name of the most badass villain in russian literature, from Dostoievsky's novels

Comment

I might consider it, if I was to write I'd probably do it under a nom de plume for commercial purposes cos my real name's a bit of a mouthful, but I'd feel wrong somehow using a nom de guerre for fighting... some misplaced pride thing perhaps? Although if I was real **** and kept getting KTFO I might change my tune...

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                    Ahhhh.... interesting.
                    yeah, funny thing about my french name is that we Anglicized it (made it sound english) and it literally sounds one slight sound away from "Bowie" and of course my name is David...so perfect boxer pseudonym and it's already taken lol

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                      I'd call myself Piotr Stepanovich Verjovensky

that's the name of the most badass villain in russian literature, from Dostoievsky's novels
                      Demons is a dope book. Currently (re)Reading Notes from the Underground

Comment

Working...
                      X