Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a current boxer you think could jump 2 weight classes and pick up world title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loma is the best pick cuz he's among the top guys in boxing & two divisions up puts him right in the Crawford-less 140 division thats up for grabs & likely will be for a year or two. Unless that extra 10lbs just killed some of the things that make Loma Loma I couldn't see him not winning a belt there.

Comment

spence can probably beats sadam ali at 154 and saunders at5 160 and truax at 168 i really think this kid could pul it off

Comment

crawford beats horn and ali at 154

Comment

Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
          I Think Khan could beat Saunders. Considering that Saunders can't punch Amir would be quicker.
          obvious troll

Saunders is not a KO artist by any stretch but he has some mustard there, and certainly more than Khan, as well as a good chin, again certainly more than Khan. Khan jumping two divisions to claim a world title, are you mad haha

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Good thread idea!

Crawford jumping from 140 to 154 maybe. Think he could beat Ali and do it pretty easily. Heck think he could beat lara too.

Think loma could jump from super feather to 140 too, beat any number of guys there. Troyanavsky, lipinets, maybe even indongo.

Inoue moving up to super bantam even. Feather?
            I totally forgot about Ali, I think Bud would get him too if he jumped to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Lomachenko, as mentioned. All titles are vacant at 140 besides IBF possessed by Lipinits, who Lomachenko beats anyhow.

I really can't think of anybody else though. When is the last time this has happened, historically? I recall hopkins jumping from 160 to beat Tarver at 175. Think Manny did it too, but can't recall if he jumped two divisions.
              after manny beat diaz at 35 he went and beat Oscar at 47 which is funny because of how many people hate on it. I mean what'd people want, manny to go from 35 to 54? Don't see how 47 was so outrageous seeing as how Oscar was going to rematch the woman beater *Floyd at 47

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                obvious troll

Saunders is not a KO artist by any stretch but he has some mustard there, and certainly more than Khan, as well as a good chin, again certainly more than Khan. Khan jumping two divisions to claim a world title, are you mad haha
                Saunders sense of range is very underrated.

Comment

loma because 140 is a wasteland.

hurd can probably make 168 easy but not sure who he'll beat there.

andre ward can jump to HW and pick up a strap from somebody on the tier of bellew.

spence can jump to MW. I'll match him vs BJS but its not guaranteed he'll win cuz billy can just box his ears off.

so theres just two im confident about.. loma and ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Jermell Charlo would beat up on Truax
                    How can you bash our fellow MN guy!!!!!!!!!Just kidding but that's a good one.Really could see a couple more at 54 beat Truax esp since he is small super middle.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                      obvious troll

Been tried and failed.Khan because his chin and his love to gamble may be the worst pick to jump 2(or even 1)div and compete with a top guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X