• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Artur Szpilka is going to MMA

He has been training MMA lately
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeDAGXO6RXw

He already called out some Polish guy in MMA and started a brawl:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNXp_EzYmOs

How far do you think he can go? He is still young, only 28 years old. He did quite well against Wilder and was arguably even winning the fight before being stopped by a brutal KO. He's going to have the best boxing in MMA, but can he stop the takedowns and kicks?

Szpilka yung doe

Comment

What if he wins the UFC title doe?

To be honest the MMA HW scene is so shallow I could already see him beating some of the UFC top 10 HWs right now...

A shame that he quit boxing but I guess after the back to back losses he was pretty much relegated to journeyman status. He had talent but is just too wild and reckless.

Comment

Dana whites zuffa boxing #1 prospect

Comment

He looked done at top level in the loss to Kownacki. I don't watch MMA so can't speak to the competition at HW there, but don't think his chances would be great. Think his chin has also been irreversibly damaged

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Dana whites zuffa boxing #1 prospect
            Dana White will probably keep him away from the UFC. If a boxing reject like Szpilka ends up winning the UFC title, the sport of MMA would take a big hit.

Comment

Poland has a successful MMA promotion, KSW (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konfrontacja_Sztuk_Walki).

Comment

I hadn't seen any of that. Does anyone know if Szpilka has any wrestling or grappling background? The ground game is such a steep hill to climb if you didn't establish the muscle memory when you were young. I'll be curious to see where this goes either way. Hell, I'm really interested to see what a steadily fading Kermit Cintron can do with his punching power and wrestling background.

Comment

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
                  I hadn't seen any of that. Does anyone know if Szpilka has any wrestling or grappling background? The ground game is such a steep hill to climb if you didn't establish the muscle memory when you were young. I'll be curious to see where this goes either way. Hell, I'm really interested to see what a steadily fading Kermit Cintron can do with his punching power and wrestling background.
                  His only background is that he was a street fighter and a football hooligan.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
                    His only background is that he was a street fighter and a football hooligan.
                    That answers that. Ha. I guess he's going to have to fight toMMAto cans or hope he takes to grappling like a natural.

Comment

Working...
                    X