Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Why lie and exaggerate? on his official Wikipedia, it says 3 years between his amateur career and his pro debut (against tomato cans). His first decent opponent was Stiverne.
    Wilder didn't have his 1st amateur fight until April 2007.

Wilder had 2 jobs and a daughter to take care of, that's very little time to dedicate to an amateur boxing career which doesn't pay you shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Brook moved immediately back down to 147 to fight Spence, he's only moving up because he had trouble with the added muscle he gained for ggg.
      wrong again. He was having trouble back when he was supposed to fight Devon Alexander. He even said as much. Like when he "slipped" off a treadmill to postpone the fight. He had been having trouble for a while

Comment

Wilder didn't have his 1st amateur fight until April 2007.

Wilder had 2 jobs and a daughter to take care of, that's very little time to dedicate to an amateur boxing career which doesn't pay you shyt.
        Joshua also started his boxing career very late.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Joshua also started his boxing career very late.
          AJ had 5 years of amateur experience, 3 years of amateur fights all while living with his parents in the suburbs. Not really comparable especially because they were fighting in 2 different divisions. AJ was a super heavy, Wilder a heavy fighting at 200lbs. Wilder was a walking stick early in his pro career.

Comment

Wilder didn't take any damage, that's the whole point. When a guy is losing rounds AND taking punches that's not a good sign of that fighter's talent. Ring general ship means doing what you want to do in there it doesn't mean coming forward wins you the fight, Wilder routinely boxes off the back foot.

I don't care because in today's 21st century planet earth that isn't 100% clean / natural, there exists no athlete that is 100% clean / natural either. Thus, Povetkin is no more chemically enhanced than other athletes like Wilder are. And Povetkin whilst possibly enhanced concussed the much bigger Johan Duhapas whilst the much taller and rangier Wilder failed to even drop the same Duhapas.

We've gone over this, Duhapaus took the fight on 20 hours notice, Pedvetkin already had a full training camp. Jesus, you'll make excuses for guys that you think ar jet lagged but ignore broken hands and guys taking the fight on a day's notice.

The title of this thread is: Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

Not: Was Szpilka damaging Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

It's possible to 'out-box' an opponent and win rounds without inflicting much damage on the opponent. Which is exactly what Artur Szpilka was doing in many rounds. Yes, Szpilka wasn't inflicting MUCH damage in many rounds to Wilder that he won but nor was Wilder inflicting ANY damage in those particular rounds that Szpilka won. But Szpilka was inflicting SLIGHTLY more damage than vice versa.

Alexander Povetkin also had very short notice before he faced Johan Duhapas and was not at all prepared to face Duhapas. Likewise, the same applies to Duhapas. He also was preparing for a different opponent and not for Alexander Povetkin.

Alexander Povetkin, at age 38, past his prime, as a blown up light heavyweight / cruiser weight that happens to be a high intensity pressure fighter is one of the top contenders / challengers and boxers in today's heavyweight division. That should indicate how weak and overrated the current heavyweight division is.

Name me some other past heavyweight champions, at age 38, that were shorter than most of their opponents during the era they competed and especially ones that were pressure fighters who were doing as well as Alexander Povetkin at age 38? You won't be able to!

Simply because either:

1) This current heavyweight division is weak / overrated / pathetic and not as good as it has been stated to be and thought to be.

Or

2) Alexander Povetkin is so good that he is able to do what other past heavyweight champions were incapable of doing after reaching age 38.

You can't have it both ways!

And I'm not making any excuses for Gennady Golovkin because last time I checked, he is still undefeated and I don't have to make any excuses for a boxer that has not been defeated yet in his career. Winning = most important thing and Golovkin has won every one of his bouts, bar one until today.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              And if the current heavyweight division was so good, a 38 year 'Pedvetkin' shouldn't be one of the contenders in today's heavyweight division.

^^^Lmaoooo who has he beat noteworthy? You basing all this off a win against Duhapas lol I see the bar is low for you PEDVetkin fans

Povetkin on PED's shouldn't be that successful at knocking out the likes of Duhapas

^^It’s called performance enhancing for a reason ******. Duhapas fought on 2 days notice.

There were many rounds when Szpila, nor Widler landed any effective or damaging punches on each other.

It don’t matter how many punches Spizka landed at the end of the day he ended the fight on his back knocked out cold. They thought he was dead. Congratulations for surviving 8 rounds Spizka.
              Who was any past heavyweight champion, that was shorter in height than nearly every top heavyweight of their time, especially ones that are pressure fighters, beating at age 38? Mike Tyson by age 35 was losing to the likes of Kevin McBride and Danny Williams. Whilst Alexander Povetkin post age 35 has defeated Andriy Rudenko and ********* Hammer, both who are better than Danny Williams or Kevin McBride.

Evander Holyfield was losing to the likes of Larry Donald and John Ruiz. Who are no better than ********* Hammer or Andriy Rudenko. So why isn't Alexander Povetkin also losing to the level of boxers after the age of 35 that Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson were losing to?

Need I go on with the examples?

Alexander Povetkin at age 38, past his prime is one of the TOP contenders and is the mandatory to one of the world heavyweight champions today. How could a short, chubby, old, past his prime blown up cruiser / light heavyweight in Alexander Povetkin be one of the top boxers and still not have any losses to low level opposition that other world champions did by the same age, if the current heavyweight division was so strong and good? In other words, Alexander Povetkin at age 38 is doing better than other past world heavyweight champions did at the same age.

And when did I ever imply that I am a fan of Alexander Povetkin in this thread? I am not even much of a fan of the current heavyweight division. Alexander Povetkin should ideally be competing at light heavyweight or cruiser weight. And some of the top cruiser weights like Mairis Brieidis are better than Alexander Povetkin and would absolutely OWN Alexander Povetkin, the same Povetkin who is one of the top heavyweights today in the current heavyweight division. In other words, someone like Brieidis would also be one of the best heavyweights in the world if he was competing at heavyweight.

As for performance enhancing drug, consuming it doesn't provide someone with random abilities. Otherwise, I have a simple challenge for you.

Can you take the same performance enhancing drug that Alexander Povetkin took, and then go and do what Povetkin did to Johan Duhapas after consuming the same amount of the performance enhancing drug that Povetkin consumed?

Or

Do you think you can give the same amount of performance enhancing drug to an average, chubby, fat and a short human being and then if you told them to do what Povetkin did to Johan Duhapas, do you think they'd be able to accomplish the same feat?

Otherwise, performance enhancing drugs wasn't the only factor which enabled Povetkin to accomplish this feat.

And just so you know, the level of Ostarine (the performance enhancing drug which Alexander Povetkin supposedly consumed) was so low that it was negligible and wouldn't have made any difference to his level of performance.

And Povetkin also took the fight against Duhapas on a short notice when both were preparing to face another opponent.

I've never claimed or doubted that Deontay Wilder beat Artur Szpila. That wasn't even the point! The title of this thread is: Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

And my answer is: yes, he was. Why? Because in most rounds, prior to getting knocked out, Szpilka was out-landing Wilder and was being the superior ring general.

It does matter or you wouldn’t of wrote all that gibberish.

short, pudgy, chubby, weak, obese, fat midget like Povetkin
              ^^
              You forgot to add doped up cheater who can’t win without drugs.

He could of KO’d Ali that night and no one would of cared because he’s a CHEATER. Nothing he does matters. Carry on.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 778x438.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 778x1096.

He fat doe! I think you’re talking about the Pre Steroid PedVetkin. He’s also 6’3 btw. It’s obvious you’re just talking and don’t know wth you’re talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                The title of this thread is: Was Szpilka outboxing Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

Not: Was Szpilka damaging Wilder or not? was he up in the cards?

It's possible to 'out-box' an opponent and win rounds without inflicting much damage on the opponent. Which is exactly what Artur Szpilka was doing in many rounds. Yes, Szpilka wasn't inflicting MUCH damage in many rounds to Wilder that he won but nor was Wilder inflicting ANY damage in those particular rounds that Szpilka won. But Szpilka was inflicting SLIGHTLY more damage than vice versa.
                Szpilka almost never landed, the biggest punches of the fight were all Wilder right hands. How coud Szpilka be up when he wasn't landing? I posted the highlights already. Name the punch Szpilka consistently landed on Wilder that had him up.

Alexander Povetkin also had very short notice before he faced Johan Duhapas and was not at all prepared to face Duhapas. Likewise, the same applies to Duhapas. He also was preparing for a different opponent and not for Alexander Povetkin.

Alexander Povetkin, at age 38, past his prime, as a blown up light heavyweight / cruiser weight that happens to be a high intensity pressure fighter is one of the top contenders / challengers and boxers in today's heavyweight division. That should indicate how weak and overrated the current heavyweight division is.

Name me some other past heavyweight champions, at age 38, that were shorter than most of their opponents during the era they competed and especially ones that were pressure fighters who were doing as well as Alexander Povetkin at age 38? You won't be able to!

Simply because either:

1) This current heavyweight division is weak / overrated / pathetic and not as good as it has been stated to be and thought to be.

Or

2) Alexander Povetkin is so good that he is able to do what other past heavyweight champions were incapable of doing after reaching age 38.

You can't have it both ways!

And I'm not making any excuses for Gennady Golovkin because last time I checked, he is still undefeated and I don't have to make any excuses for a boxer that has not been defeated yet in his career. Winning = most important thing and Golovkin has won every one of his bouts, bar one until today.
                [/QUOTE]

Pedvetkin had a full training camp for Stiverne, Duhapaus took the fight on 20 hours notice he wasn't scheduled to fight anyone. Furthermore Povetkin tested positive for PED's and was still allowed to fight. Trying sto compare their situations is shameful.

Pedvetkin was in his prime years on PED's, I really can't help you if you can't tell the difference between the fat Pedvetkin and the significantly leaner one. I literally posted pictures.

Why do you think Pedvetkin couldn't KO Hammer or Rudenko? Hammer even rocked him.

The last time Pedvetkin was on PED's he stopped Duhapaus, since then his last 2 opponents went 24 rounds.

Comment

Szpilka almost never landed, the biggest punches of the fight were all Wilder right hands. How coud Szpilka be up when he wasn't landing? I posted the highlights already. Name the punch Szpilka consistently landed on Wilder that had him up.

Pedvetkin had a full training camp for Stiverne, Duhapaus took the fight on 20 hours notice he wasn't scheduled to fight anyone. Furthermore Povetkin tested positive for PED's and was still allowed to fight. Trying sto compare their situations is shameful.

Pedvetkin was in his prime years on PED's, I really can't help you if you can't tell the difference between the fat Pedvetkin and the significantly leaner one. I literally posted pictures.

Why do you think Pedvetkin couldn't KO Hammer or Rudenko? Hammer even rocked him.

The last time Pedvetkin was on PED's he stopped Duhapaus, since then his last 2 opponents went 24 rounds.[/QUOTE]

Boxing bouts are scored in a round by round basis. How about you provide us with your scorecard before the KO happened and then we we will analyze it to determine whether it is accurate, based on the main criteria of boxing? As in, which rounds did you give to Deontay Wilder and which rounds did you give to Artur Szpilka?

The level of Ostarine (the performance enhancing drug that was supposedly found in Alexander Povetkin's body) was so low, that it would have had little to no effect on his performance at all, since it was EXTREMELY low. In other words, performance enhancing drugs had no bearing on the outcome of that bout.

And Povetkin never trained for Duhapas at all, either.

None of this should matter either way if the current heavyweight division was as strong and as good as you like to claim. Irrespective of a tiny trace of performance enhancing drug, a 35+ year old pressure fighter that is shorter than nearly every other top heavyweight in height and reach should simply not be one of the top boxers in the current heavyweight division if the current heavyweight division is as strong you try to make it out to be. Which is the case, since Povetkin is a top 10 boxer and is the mandatory challenger to one of the heavyweight champions today at age 38.

And heavyweight boxing isn't a Hollywood physical appearance contest. How aesthetically pleasing one's body looks has no direct bearing on how good their level of performance is at heavyweight boxing. A fat boxer can be better than a less fat boxer at heavyweight and vice versa. There is no RULE that suggests a leaner heavyweight is going to be automatically better than a fat heavyweight and vice versa.

Alexander Povetkin's prime period is the same as anybody's biological prime period. Currently, he is past his prime. Along with being inactive, these are the reasons why he has failed to KO his last 2 opponents, in addition to them coming to strictly survive.

I could ask:

1) Why couldn't Evander Holyfield defeat James Toney and Larry Donald post age 35?

2) Why couldn't Mike Tyson defeat Kevin McBride and Danny Williams post age 35?

3) Why couldn't Muhammad Ali defeat Leon Spinks post age 35 in the first bout, Trevor Berbick and Larry Holmes?

4) Why couldn't Joe Frazier defeat Floyd Cummings post age 35?

Need me to go on with the historical examples of heavyweight boxers, especially short pressure fighters being unable to have as much success post age 35 as they did pre-age 35?

Alexander Povetkin at age 38 is still doing better at the top level of the heavyweight division as a short pressure fighter than any past heavyweight champion did that were also short pressure fighters. Yet, despite that, you still have a reason to criticize? Rather than giving props / credit where it's due?

Have you ever asked yourself why Alexander Povetkin is performing better than any other past heavyweight champion that were short pressure fighters post age 35?

There are two following possibilities for this:

Or

Make your mind up!

Povetkin is evidently not on steroids (according to you). So he shouldn't have the success he is having at an age when no other past heavyweight champion had the same level of success.

It might destroy you inside if Alexander Povetkin were to defeat Anthony Joshua!

Anyway, Alexander Povetkin isn't even that good if we compare him to the top cruiser weights. Just that in comparison to the current heavyweight division (which I personally believe is overrated and weak), he is one of the best and most skilled. However, I believe the top cruiser weights like Mairis Briedis and Oleksandr Usyk are both much better and more skilled.

Usyk is bigger and more skilled than Povetkin.

Mairis Briedis is more skilled and possesses just as much punching power, if not more at the heavyweight division.

In fact, I would favor Briedis to defeat Povetkin at heavyweight. Brieidis might even beat Povetkin worse than Marco Huck did and might even stop him through a demolition / destruction job.

Comment

The fact that you have to ask speaks volumes. Wilder is **** average and will lose the first time he steps up.

Comment

The last time Pedvetkin was on PED's he stopped Duhapaus, since then his last 2 opponents went 24 rounds.[/QUOTE]

You're a wilder ****rider. He looked like a fool falling to the ground from widly missed punches and ****. Szpilka looked like Mayweather at times lol

Comment

Working...
                      X