Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matthysse-Kiram HBO Doubleheader Peaks at 769,000 Viewers

The ratings for HBO's first boxing broadcast of 2018 are comparable to the premium-cable channel's last boxing offering of 2017. Nielsen Media Research ratings released Tuesday indicate HBO's "Boxing After Dark" doubleheader Saturday night peaked at 769,000 viewers during the main event, Lucas Matthysse's eighth-round knockout of Tewa Kiram. An average of 719,000 viewers watched the Matthysse-Kiram match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not bad for this type of fight.
    Last edited by _original_; 01-30-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I am surprised to see 769k people watched this card. Was a really bad card-Linares was way better than Gesta and Matthysse/Kirwan sucked until the KO.

Comment

People keep saying HBO Boxing is dead. But the fact this bs card did these numbers shows that ain't so.

HBO cards still get certain numbers that don't suck even if the fights do.

Comment

Just imagine what the numbers would be with a good card

Comment

wow im surprised by this.. i know hbo is in wayyy more homes than showtime but i cant believe it had more views than spence peterson

Comment

strong ratings. For comparison Showtime had only 2 fights all last year that did better then these numbers. And it just did better ratings then Spence's fight a week ago which avg 637K viewers.

Top 20 premium cable ratings for 2017

And if you compare to some of the ESPN cards last year it stacks up well

Crawford vs. Indongo 965K
              Lomachenko vs Marriaga 728K
              Gilberto Ramirez vs Jesse hart 710K

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
                wow im surprised by this.. i know hbo is in wayyy more homes than showtime but i cant believe it had more views than spence peterson
                It's not hard to believe, It's in way more homes.

Comment

Mattessee has a lot of hype around him he k.o.'s fighters Spence is trapped in that cappy pbc bubble he needs Golden boy promotions

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman2000 View Post
                    Mattessee has a lot of hype around him he k.o.'s fighters Spence is trapped in that cappy pbc bubble he needs Golden boy promotions
                    I don't know if your are just trolling or not, but one thing is for certain HBO is and continue to be The best and biggest platform for boxers and boxing in general.

Comment

Working...
                    X