Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Nelson: Matthysse-Kiram, Linares-Gesta Are 50-50 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Nelson: Matthysse-Kiram, Linares-Gesta Are 50-50 Fights

Peter Nelson offered a reminder Thursday for those dismissing HBO's doubleheader Saturday night as two complete mismatches. The last two times HBO Sports' executive vice president took criticism for buying fights that weren't supposed to be competitive, the big underdogs won. Nelson sees some potential for that to happen again when Lucas Matthysse meets Tewa Kiram and Jorge Linares faces Mercito Gesta in Inglewood, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Okay, Arum was right, Peter Nelson is an amateur.

Comment

Don't insulte our intelligence. That shows you have no respect for your paying customers.

"This fight for Matthysse is potentially a dangerous fight. Kiram has been involved in combat sports since the age of 7. He's naturally bigger than Lucas & he's a big puncher. These guys in Thailand fight a lot of fights in a short period of time so they never suffer from ring rust. We saw what happened when Rungvisai came to America & shocked the world twice, the second time in impressive fashion. You never know what might happen in this fight"

That's how you sell a showcase fight without insulting your paying customers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
        Haha exactly. He tries to make a point by pointing to two fights that nobody cares about in the first place.

Comment

But knowing Lucas inability to bite down & dig deep when it counts I wouldn't count Kiram out if he can get Lucas in any type of trouble

Comment

peter nelson ruined hbo boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
              In fairness isn't he just doing the same sh^t Arum & Oscar & DiBella & Hearn & so many other promoters do nowadays?

Its bs, but its the same bs everyone else is selling so its hardly amateur hour in comparison to the "pros" doing the same exact sh^t.

Comment

Why are all you fools on here b-itching and whining about the fights. If you don't like it then don't watch. I'm watching cause I watch pretty much all Boxing and I can easily afford to pay for an HBO and Showtime subscription.
                If you can't afford to pay for HBO or Showtime then you got more serious problems in your life then worrying about tonight's fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Don't insulte our intelligence. That shows you have no respect for your paying customers.

"This fight for Matthysse is potentially a dangerous fight. Kiram has been involved in combat sports since the age of 7. He's naturally bigger than Lucas & he's a big puncher. These guys in Thailand fight a lot of fights in a short period of time so they never suffer from ring rust. We saw what happened when Rungvisai came to America & shocked the world twice, the second time in impressive fashion. You never know what might happen in this fight"

That's how you sell a showcase fight without insulting your paying customers.
                  MCC, true indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Why are all you fools on here b-itching and whining about the fights. If you don't like it then don't watch. I'm watching cause I watch pretty much all Boxing and I can easily afford to pay for an HBO and Showtime subscription.
                    If you can't afford to pay for HBO or Showtime then you got more serious problems in your life then worrying about tonight's fights!
                    Stomps, quit telling people the truth! It might eff Em up for life! Some of these posters have their heads stuck up their A$$ most days dude! Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X