Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder - "70000 People Look Good In A Small Country But You Make Money In America"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Joshua, I want the fight to be in the US. Vegas or Brooklyn, doesn't matter. This is Joshua's only shot at breaking through to the American audience. Then he can cultivate that new fan base and fight Miller in the US a year after.

Otherwise, he just stays a British star. But I'm not sure how much bigger he can get there, and there's money to be had elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      nobody gives a fu** about boxing in US anymore.
      Really? That's weird, because the telemetry below says othersie. Actually, the complete opposite!!! In the last 5 years the U S of A broke world records on 4 occassions.

2013 $20,003,150.00
      2014 $7,865,100.00
      2014 $15,024,400.00
      2014 $14,899,150.00
      2015 $72,198,500.00
      2015 10,062,500.00
      2015 $12,470,200.00
      2017 $10,631,850.00
      2017 $55,414,865.79
      2017 $27,059,850.00

Some people just DKSAB.

http://boxing.nv.gov/results/Top_Boxing_Gates/

Nobody gives a **** about Wilder is because he fights bums.

Comment

• Wilder, you couldn't pack in 70K if the Tickets was FREE! SHUT UP!

I don't hate Wilder like some on this Forum but he is really in no position to down play 70K going to see AJ when AJ is not only drawing big Crowds but he is also making BIG MONEY. Say what you want but AJ is the biggest DRAW in boxing and he did it without the American Market. **** no wonder we Americans are so HATED around the world, this ARROGANCE, sense of ENTITLEMENT and SUPERIORITY COMPLEX is why a lot of people are rooting for Foreign fighters instead of their own American Fighters. YES I said it and I'm American but I'm always going to call it like I see it. Tired of the B1TCHING from fighters who I don't think are doing enough to build up their brand, they feel entitled to Stardom and making a lot of Money because of Mayweather success but they not Mayweather and will never be.
        Last edited by sicko; 01-25-2018, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Whatever place is announced when the fight is made, will be the one that has the biggest pot. Hearn's not daft, he knows the numbers.

It will be Hearn and Joshua who have the final say though. Wilder's the B side, absolutely no doubt about it. He knows that and will be sensible enough when real talks get going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            The only recent fights that have done bettee than AJ all involve Pac, ODLH, May or Canelo and always vs well known opp.

You cant just stick two guys with no history of major success in the US and assume they will break records just cos its Vegas
            There's lots of people in this thread who are saying things like:

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I believe it generates more in Vegas. .
            Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It would be huge.
            These are faith based positions, they're not backed up by anything other than intuition or anecdotal evidence about someone's mother in law seeing Wilder on a reality tv show. The reality is Wilder's ticket sales and ratings and whilst they may be improving, there's not enough yet to set against the CONCRETE and VERY REAL evidence of 70k ticket sales for Joshua's latest fight following 70k and 90k for his previous two.

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
            if Vegas wants it, Vegas will get it.
            If Vegas wants to PAY FOR IT, Vegas will get it and they and the PPV networks will only do that if they think they can make money doing so. The guys who signs checks at the MGM Grand or Showtime will want EVIDENCE that Wilder is as big a draw as he says he is. At the moment there's next to none.

It's not a slight on Wilder, its just reality. At the moment there's an established, lucrative, income stream for Joshua in the UK. He can make serious money by fighting on his doorstep, satisfying his domestic fanbase and continuing to sign lucrative deals with global sponsors.

He can fight Parker, then a mandatory against Povetkin (maybe in Germany if he fancies developing his global appeal), then a domestic casual crowd pleaser like Bellew/Haye, then next year he can look forward to Miller, whichever mandatory's the IBF or WBO require then finish off with a super fight against the returning Fury. At that point he can vacate the belts, maybe keep one and the lineal championship and fight whoever he chooses or call it a day. Each and every time he can make $15m and rising, plus ever increasing amounts as he develops his global brand.

Minimal risk. Vast rewards. No travelling. No Adelaide Byrd.

He doesn't need Wilder. Wilder's a 'nice to have' not a necessity. Same goes for Vegas, nice to have, but no longer essential to the modern superstar heavyweight as Wladimir proved long ago now.

Wilder needs him though. Without AJ Wilder's an afterthought in the global HW division. If Vegas decides they need him too, if their numbers guys think it works for them, such that they can make an offer more lucrative than Wembley, then the fight can take place there. As long as AJ agrees, as long as it works for him. He has all the cards.

But all of this is reality and for some reality is difficult to deal with...
            Last edited by Holler; 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

That show is gonna give him shine smh. I mean, I'm happy he's getting his name out there but men never end up come out looking good on those kind of shows.

I am impressed by the bounce he got from that Stiverne fight though (go figure). I see Snoop talking about him, Charlamagne --months ago, **** even my Uber driver yesterday. I think the Ortiz fight will determine a lot.
              hey, any shine is some shine! he's on the show talking about he deserves 50/50 vs AJ, so at least he keeps it consistent

Wilder's #1 problem right now is his lack of juice within the American consciousness. That's why I have to give credit to his team. Putting him on this show, it's airing a couple of months before his fight vs Ortiz, where he aims to make a statement.

As it stands, I think Wilder's profile is big enough that Hearn can charge premium prices in the UK, that will, due to the scale of their boxing events, possibly generate revenue in the ball park we theorize as belonging to vegas.

Comment

• It'll be funny if old ass 60 year old ortiz beat him lmfao ill get a good chuckle but then be upset cause wilder dumb ass ruined AJ vs Windmill.

Comment

• you know your a dumbass when a pos like robbie wins the debate withun 2 pages

Comment

• Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    If I'm Joshua, I want the fight to be in the US. Vegas or Brooklyn, doesn't matter. This is Joshua's only shot at breaking through to the American audience. Then he can cultivate that new fan base and fight Miller in the US a year after.

Otherwise, he just stays a British star. But I'm not sure how much bigger he can get there, and there's money to be had elsewhere.
                    I agree Wilder's his best chance of doing it, but he's only 28, plenty of time to crack America and if it's not Wilder it could be someone else.

If I were Hearn I'd be praying for a decent, charismatic, hispanic heavyweight to emerge!

Comment

• Wilder is the stupidest heavyweight champion in history. It's funny to read about this idiot trying to sound intelligent and wise. If he doesn't ever wake up and realize he is by far the b side to AJ and quit making unrealistic demands he will wait forever for AJ to fight him. AJ makes tons of money every time he fights anybody so he doesn't need to fight Wilder if he doesn't like the terms of the fight. The Wilder vs AJ fight will be fought on AJ's terms on the location AJ desires or not at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X