Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get things straight, peterson was cannon fodder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    have tried to bite my tongue but im sick and tired of the hype that these guys get for beating someone they should do. Spence was 1/33 favourite for a reason and you'd have thought he'd just beat king kong the way the reactions been.

They brought in peterson to get whooped and thats what happened. Why you all so stunned and surprised by the performance? Who had he actually legitimately beat at 147? Whats his best legitimate win ever, kendall holt? Cause diaz and khan were robberies and he was likely juiced for khan.

Swear every guy is invincible after beating the latest dead body in front of them, the momentum was with crawford after he knocked out indongo, now its spence cause he knocked out washed up old peterson. Seems as if thurman doesnt have a chance now, maybe they should throw him some old carcass, he can knock them out and then people will then say 'oh **** hes unbeatable!' then the momentum will be with him.

This isnt an anti spence thread, im just sick of the overreactions. Yeah it was a good performance, thats it, an opinion of him shouldnt have changed based on that fight.

We had this after wilder beat stiverne, suddenly wilder was invincible and 'the man' at heavyweight.

Its no wonder promoters keep serving up slop as opponents because you guys all get so carried away.

Spence is a tremendous fighter but get real, he hardly looked unbeatable against brook, i remember the round by round thread on here and people were ****ting themselves at the halfway point.
    Whilst I agree with the overall point, this is a massive case of pot kettle black.

Comment

Originally posted by larry spence View Post
      And you hyped Brook why????????????? Peterson did far more then him
      Lol what are you kidding me ?? Peterson got beat up and lost every single round by a landslide. Brook was ahead in alot of peoples eyes in the first half of the fight untill his eye got busted up. How in the hell did peterson do more than Kell Brook?

Looking back Kell Brook did great against Spence, especially after suffering that devastating loss to Triple Jab. He hurt spence in their fight, was outboxing him for a few rounds untill he eventually got beaten up. Dumb dumb comment.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Lol what are you kidding me ?? Peterson got beat up and lost every single round by a landslide. Brook was ahead in alot of peoples eyes in the first half of the fight untill his eye got busted up. How in the hell did peterson do more than Kell Brook?

Looking back Kell Brook did great against Spence, especially after suffering that devastating loss to Triple Jab. He hurt spence in their fight, was outboxing him for a few rounds untill he eventually got beaten up. Dumb dumb comment.
        because the wins been revised to suit a narrative. The way its talked about now, spence beat the **** out of brook all night. Reality is spence won fair and square and was the better man but it was a highly competitive fight.

Comment

I said Peterson did far more then Brook in terms of his career achievements

Comment

I think he’s talking about Peterson’s overall resume.

Comment

where was the "cannon fodder" when he fought danny garcia? .. or was it maybe he looked that way because of spence? make peterson vs thurman and I'll make you a paypal bet that thurman doesnt destroy him. bet you it goes 12 with the decision debated.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                because the wins been revised to suit a narrative. The way its talked about now, spence beat the **** out of brook all night. Reality is spence won fair and square and was the better man but it was a highly competitive fight.
                Originally posted by larry spence View Post
                I said Peterson did far more then Brook in terms of his career achievements
                Oh alright i guess that is understandable but i think his win over Porter is better than any of petersons wins...also beat him more convincingly than Keith.

Comment

Let's get it straight- MPDKSAB !

Comment

Lamont Peterson is a two weight, three time former kingpin of the light welterweight division and quite possibly a future hall of famer. I honestly thought this was a 50-50 fight, I had no idea spence was a 25-1 to favorite. Miraculously, Spence proved all the haters wrong and in a fight of the year esqe performance stopped the vaunted Lamont Peterson.

You guys need to open you eyes, spence was up there against a top 2 welterweight arguably, what more do you want from him??? It's getting ridiculous haters

Comment

Almost everybody new he would win. It was the way he won that was so impressive. His speed, footwork, two handed punching power to head and body, smart but relentless pressure, punching accuracy and work rate were all outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X