No announcement yet.

The only reason Errol Spence beat Brook is because of Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only reason Errol Spence beat Brook is because of Golovkin

Brook was winning on my card until his eye went.

Golovkin physically and mentally damaged Brook as soon as Brook ****ed his other eye (Golovkin weakened his whole face with the impact of the left hook). The fight changed brook started having flash backs and he heard voices of his doctor saying if he stayed any longer against golovkin he would of gone blind........ even after that he came back good despite not being able to see in round 10.

Brook pre golovkin would have beat Spence easy.

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post

Golovkin physically and mentally damaged Brook as soon as Brook ****ed his other eye (Golovkin weakened his whole face with the impact of the left hook). The fight changed brook started having flash backs and he heard voices of his doctor saying if he stayed any longer against golovkin he would of gone blind........ even after that he came back good despite not being able to see in round 10.

Stopped reading here.

His eye went because Spence was punching him in the face, not by default.

Comment

The point is Golovkin weakened Brooks face for Spence.

Comment

There's no doubt that the beating he took against golovkin would have left some sort of psychological damage.

Comment

What round did his eye go out?

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          Stopped reading here.

His eye went because Spence was punching him in the face, not by default.
          Funny how that happens huh?

Comment

The point is Golovkin weakened Brooks face for Spence.
            Nope it was the other eye. He obviously has a physical defect, but that doesn't matter because he was already swimming against the tide, the body shots had worn him down, and his cardio was screaming. That fight was the definition of being taken into deep water.

What I will give you, is that it's possible Brook makes it to the final bell if he hadn't had the first injury. I think he quit because he had been explained the possible consequences of fighting with that injury. But he would have still lost.

Comment

I agree with this. Brook fought as a handycap but if he was 100% fit, fight would have been different.

Comment

Spence was the better man. He will always beat Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
                  Spence was the better man. He will always beat Brook.
                  Yep. He would always beat no matter the version of brook right? It's not like Spence fought a brook that was just TKOed, coming off of a surgery and drained from cutting 13 pounds.

Comment

Brook got hit with too many jabs vs Spence and Golovkin. Those fights showed he has issues dealing with an elite fighter than can jab well.

Anyway, you knew Brook had surgery and was coming off a loss but still picked him to win. It's so easy to dismiss wins in hindsight but at least be consistent before and after the fight unless it's something more dramatic like if same eye broke from the first shot or a broken leg.

Comment

Working...
                    X