Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker - Over 70,000 Tickets Sold!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compare that to the 2K tickets that wilder sold vs stiverne in their rematch and.... yeah.... 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      compare that to the 2K tickets that wilder sold vs stiverne in their rematch and.... yeah.... 50-50

But it ain't a 50/50 split for sure

Comment

Flippin heck.. This guy is on another level. The Welsh council said they are looking into extending the seating capacity to 87,000 but health and safety might not allow it.. either way this guy can easily sell 100,000 stadium in 1 or 2 days.
        Last edited by NahMean; 01-23-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

The split ultimately comes down to the pulling power of the fighter and, love him or hate him, AJ is up there right now as the biggest draw in the sport. At best, Wilder should get 35-40% up front. Yes, he's a beltholder, but he's still relatively unknown (check out the video of Hearn going up to randoms in NY asking if they knew who Deontay Wilder was). What might clinch the deal, if AJ and Wilder come through their next defences, would be for Hearn to reverse the shares in the event of Wilder winning, similar to what he's done with the Parker deal. So if Wilder wins, he walks away with 60-65%.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            Flippin heck.. This guy is on another level. The Welsh council said they are looking into extending the seating capacity to 87,000 but health and safety might not allow it.. either way this gay can easily sell 100,000 stadium in 1 or 2 days.
            "either way this gay can easily sell 100,000 stadium in 1 or 2 days."

Comment

How many times do I have to tell you the STUBHUB BOTS buy the tickets and resell them triple the price. Keep staying GOOFY for LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                It's still confusing how he can sell this number of tickets and the live gates are always around $10 million.

Are tickets prices regulated in the UK? Somebody from the UK, help me out. You'd think they'd start raising the rate a little.

Awesome for AJ though. Eddie winning again. Should be a good scrap.
                There's a lot cheap/reasonably priced tickets as you would expect at a stadium fight. At the back of course. I suppose it's the same everywhere. When Canelo fought Smith and Kirkland in those outdoor events, they were selling tickets on the day for $10. For a 70,000 capacity venue like this where AJ is fighting, you would have to think a good 50,000 of those seats are in the stands, far away, not on the floor.

And then the main difference is the more expensive seats are not nearly as expensive as you would pay for a big fight in Vegas i think.

I think there would be too much of a backlash if the prices were raised too much. Same reason Hearn said they won't break the £20 barrier for Sky PPV, it would get to a stage where people won't pay anymore and they lose money despite the higher price. I doubt they will stick to it though, they are creeping the prices up slowly..
                Last edited by TheBigLug; 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Wow already this is going to be a cracker

Comment

At this rate Wilder can bump it too 60% and 40 for Joshua . Wilder knows they will try and cheat him out of his fair share ...total b.s man its totally bogus its totally .......pffffft !

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
                      How many times do I have to tell you the STUBHUB BOTS buy the tickets and resell them triple the price. Keep staying GOOFY for LIFE.]
                      That may well be true.

But he still fills the stadium with triple priced tickets then. It just further cements how big he is...

Comment

Working...
                      X