Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Peterson Quit? He Told His Trainer "IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT, IM COOL WITH THAT"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah no need to sugar-coat it.

Comment

dunno, but i thought it was weird how his trainer was just silently staring at him for like 30 seconds and then some random bald white dude told the reff it was over.
      Prolly had their purse on the under or round 8. *takes off tinfoil hat*

Comment

The thing is i don't mind him quitting because he was done. But people have tried sugar coating it since the fight.

Comment

Just rewatched it. This was the conversation...

Hunter "I don't like what I see, Kiddo"
          Lamont "Stop talking, B. You know me. If you gon make the call make the call. I'm good. If you're gonna be talking to me, give me some instructions for the fight, lets go. Let's make it work"

This is why context matters. "If you gon make the call make the call" wasn't telling Hunter to stop the fight. What Lamont was saying was, he wasn't trying to hear that. If you gonna do it then do it. If not, give me some instructions so I can handle my business. Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            its not about technicality, he flat out never said that "i dont know what to do" lol wtf
            the guy who posted above you is spot on. He knew he was losing but after 6 and 7 he clearly wanted to keep fighting

he said IM GOOD twice

Comment

OMG.... Lamont was losing taking early damage and they both knew the writing was on the wall...Lamont was just saying he gonna fight regardless but he trusts his coach if he needs to stop it.

He also said "u know me" , I'm good.

BTW if Lamont coach was somebody like Robert Garcia, Peterson would be in a coma right now

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Yeah no need to sugar-coat it.
                Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                The thing is i don't mind him quitting because he was done. But people have tried sugar coating it since the fight.
                exactly, no need to sugar coat it. It makes no real difference of him as a fighter, he shot his shot and was just bested. Its happens.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  He said, "I'm losing every round. Boxing, what's that gon do." He's saying he needs to go for broke, not "I don't know what to do, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    sounds like he said whats that gonna do, can barely understand him

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    OMG.... Lamont was losing taking early damage and they both knew the writing was on the wall...Lamont was just saying he gonna fight regardless but he trusts his coach if he needs to stop it.

He also said "u know me" , I'm good.

BTW if Lamont coach was somebody like Robert Garcia, Peterson would be in a coma right now
                    fuked up but its true lol, has robert ever stopped a fight?

Comment

He quit but there's no shame in that. He all but told his trainer to call it a day.

Last round it was clear that he was trying to hear the last bell but Spence showed that he could easily close the distance. Fortunately he showed some mercy and didn't empty his clip.

Comment

Working...
                      X