Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick James deserves more notoriety as a trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence did admit that he needs to work on his defence so that is good to see.

He wants to keep improving and isn't just going to rest on his laurels.
    No doubt Spence has the desire to improve, just not sure his defense will ever be a stand out quality. He likes to exchange with his opponents, which makes it pretty hard to have good defense. Everyone gets hit in boxing, but getting caught flush is never good. Spence continues to get caught flush several times a fight, against all levels of competition.

I don't mean to sound overly critical as I actually like Spence...

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      No doubt Spence has the desire to improve, just not sure his defense will ever be a stand out quality. He likes to exchange with his opponents, which makes it pretty hard to have good defense. Everyone gets hit in boxing, but getting caught flush is never good. Spence continues to get caught flush several times a fight, against all levels of competition.

I don't mean to sound overly critical as I actually like Spence...
      You can be an exchanging, high offense fighter while still paying attention to defense.

Roberto Duran is a prime example.

I like that Spence is not neglecting the fact that he can improve in that area. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
      X