No announcement yet.

What's next for Peterson/Fortuna?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next for Peterson/Fortuna?

What's next for Peterson/Fortuna? Both are being sacrificed to far superior fighters tonight and to be honest, I have a hard time imagining how neither will come back this... It's kinda sad. I liked Peterson, cool guy, but this is gonna be an absolute slaughter...

Peterson gots enough of a name he still gots several 6 digit+ paydays ahead of him & maybe a 7 digit or two if he can win the right fight or two or get in a good position for a belt or something like that maybe.

Idk where Fortuna goes from here. I think he needs to figure out his weight first & foremost since he somehow wasn't able to lose a lb & change in 2hrs yesterday apparently.

Comment

What is next for them is the fights they will have tonight.

Comment

Lamont petersons career ended when he got pancaked by lucas matthysse

Comment

fortuna will knock easter spark out. thats an easy call to make. garcia will see an easy cherry and go back to 136.7 pounds to fight fortuna

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            What is next for them is the fights they will have tonight.
            Yeah, but we already know the result of those fights, so that's beside the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
              What's next for Peterson/Fortuna? Both are being sacrificed to far superior fighters tonight and to be honest, I have a hard time imagining how neither will come back this... It's kinda sad. I liked Peterson, cool guy, but this is gonna be an absolute slaughter...
              Depends on how well they fight, and the types of fights each guy is willing to take, tbh.

If Lamont Peterson gives a good account of himself (fights well, possibly makes it to the final bell, but likely succumbs late), he likely ends up positioned as the "gatekeeper" for the PBC welterweight fighters before mixing at the top level (Thurman, Spence, Garcia, Porter, Khan, Vargas).

Omar Figueroa Jr, Jamal James, Taras Shelestyuk, Bryant Perrella, Jamontay Clark, Ivan Goloub, etc will all need fights as they get near breaking through to the top level, and Lamont Peterson is still good enough to be favored to beat the lot of them.

He'd likely be a fight or two away from getting another shot at that top mix, but Peterson versus the list mentioned is basically good enough to headline shows for FOX or co-feature for shows on Showtime.

Comment

I would not be surprised if both don't give a good account of themselves tonight. They probably get decent match ups later on but on a lesser level.
                Last edited by Mammoth; 01-20-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

the scrapheap

Comment

Well... RIP, Peterson and Fortuna.

Comment

Working...
                    X