Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Looks Forward To Kovalev Bout, Denies Rejecting Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    Agreed, but if you watch some Beterbiev's fights, you'll notice he will take shots to get there... Time after time we hear he has no head movement, but there's a reason for that... The guy can take shots if he has to, and he will to get in his comfort zone... Also despite his opponent he showed no signs of slowing down in his last fight... And 1100 punches thrown...

Anyway that will be a hell of a fight when it happens...
    he did slow down and his punches were pitty pats at time..and the opponent gave little to no resistance so why would he slow down?
    he basically shadow boxed for 12 rounds and got hit just about any time hte opponent opened up...he's the weakest of the bunch of champs right now after that showing...but i think he can turn it around, but lets not pacify that weak showing that he put up vs a guy not even in teh top 20 at 175

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
      Agreed, but if you watch some Beterbiev's fights, you'll notice he will take shots to get there... Time after time we hear he has no head movement, but there's a reason for that... The guy can take shots if he has to, and he will to get in his comfort zone... Also despite his opponent he showed no signs of slowing down in his last fight... And 1100 punches thrown...

Anyway that will be a hell of a fight when it happens...
      I'm not sure there is a lightheavy born from his mother that can walk through Kovalevs shots. The man punches unnaturally hard. Now if Beterbiev can avoid those shots sometimes and get there then I give him a shot, but at this stage I'm sceptical whether he can do that.

Something has to give though and this will be a great fight.

Comment

Kovalev can outbox Beterbiev, but i dont think Kov can knock that granit chin chechen out man... and vice versa Beterbiev could stop Kov to the body.

Very intriguing matchup

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Man, what an awesome fight. I've a feeling there will be a lot of building before it happens because casuals don't know Beterbeiv and this fight deserves a lot of attention. Hope to see it this year though.
          I think that bout should happen in Russia because it's a Russian grudge match which will sell heavily in somewhere like Moscow. More fans would know both there than probably anywhere else.

Comment

im completely sold on this guy as the real deal and have been for quite some time. I think hes gonna do a job on kovalev.

Comment

kovalev will slow-krush him.

Comment

I hope he squares away this legal nonsense. He needs to be focused and in the ring.

Comment

They should make that soon. I'd rather see Kovalev fight him before he fights green Bivol.

Comment

The best division in boxing right now.

Comment

Personally think Kovalev cannot outbox anyone
                      Never saw him box someone
                      It’s his power that gets him the wins but box no freakin way
                      Bertebiev will destroy him anyway and any day imo

Comment

Working...
                      X