No announcement yet.

Haymon-ROBIN HOOd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haymon-ROBIN HOOd

He got the fighters paid, he got himself paid, probably the networks as well.

He didn't even really need to believe PBC would succeed, in fact he likely knew it would not due to various reasons. He needed to convince his investors PBC was viable--I really want to see the numbers he showed these people.

Haymon is altruistic, it's no wonder he has ABSOLUTELY NO QUALMS at all with how little his fighters fight and much he is handing them.

Hay on paid himself. Fighters got paid, but lack of fights... so their pay days were less frequent.

He did screw everyone else including investors and boxing fans

Comment

Haymon seems like a scum bag him and scheafer

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        He didn't even really need to believe PBC would succeed
        PBC has more world champions than any other managerial or promotional entity in all of boxing.

PBC has a near monopoly on Showtime Championship Boxing and Showtime has the largest budget in US boxing and possibly the world.

PBC has a monopoly on FOX and FS1.

PBC is in the strongest position of any managerial or promotional entity in US boxing and possibly the world.

Haymon has way more power, way more world champions, way more dates and a way larger TV budget to work with than he had before PBC started.

So how exactly is PBC not a success? And Haymon's power CONTINUES to grow, his number of world champions CONTINUES to grow, his number of dates CONTINUES to grow, the TV budget CONTINUES to grow.

He's just getting started.

Comment

I don't believe Robin Hood got rich himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            PBC has more world champions than any other managerial or promotional entity in all of boxing.

PBC has a near monopoly on Showtime Championship Boxing and Showtime has the largest budget in US boxing and possibly the world.

PBC has a monopoly on FOX and FS1.

PBC is in the strongest position of any managerial or promotional entity in US boxing and possibly the world.

Haymon has way more power, way more world champions, way more dates and a way larger TV budget to work with than he had before PBC started.

So how exactly is PBC not a success? And Haymon's power CONTINUES to grow, his number of world champions CONTINUES to grow, his number of dates CONTINUES to grow, the TV budget CONTINUES to grow.

He's just getting started.
            I hop e so-----

Comment

Robin Hood huh? Why not Saint Alan while we're at it? The guy's a boxing promoter... oh, sorry, uh.. manager... I mean 'adviser'... and that basically means he's as dodgy as they come. Said without prejudice because I honestly have no idea whether he's better or worse than the rest of them, whatever rumour may suggest. His fighters say they're well looked after in the main, though, which is most likely a good thing, even if I find something a little creepy about the effusive praise some of them heap upon him.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-18-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

Robin Hood huh? Why not Saint Alan while we're at it? The guy's a boxing promoter... oh, sorry, uh.. manager... I mean 'adviser'... and that basically means he's as dodgy as they come. Said without prejudice because I honestly have no idea whether he's better or worse than the rest of them, whatever rumour may suggest. His fighters say they're well looked after in the main, though, which is most likely a good thing, even if I find something a little creepy about the effusive praise some of them heap upon him.
                What’s so hard to believe that Haymon’s mgmt advisory helps boxers for the better. Unlike Arum, who throws fighters are usually thrown under the bus, priority runs low, no fights, and then you see hear industry reporting that his boxers want out. Martirosyan was more active under Haymon, but as of late when he cried about his schedule, he left....It’s Vanes fault he couldn’t capitalize in beating Lara in the rematch, with Haymon giving him that opportunity ffs...

Or be like Nicholas Walters...gets a DRAW with Sosa... and low and behold the classic rudimentary and awkward matchmaking from Top Rank that Walters is shelved... Sosa fights Loma... they strategically move their fighters around for their own profitable gain like expendable assets. That’s the reality of Top Rank. They could’ve continued giving Walters fights while also giving Loma fights, providing more revenue for TR.

At least Haymon has a better pool of matchmaking, and his cards on Showtime, which imo Al Bernstein and Paulie are huge collaborators to request the stacked cards on Showtime. Showtime’s Championship cards are among the purist cookies in the sport. Oddly enough, Lara, usually the main event, can be a sleeper...I did enjoy his fight against that other Olympian doe, Gausha. Interesting chessmatch doe a snoozer

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                  What’s so hard to believe that Haymon’s mgmt advisory helps boxers for the better. Unlike Arum, who throws fighters are usually thrown under the bus, priority runs low, no fights, and then you see hear industry reporting that his boxers want out. Martirosyan was more active under Haymon, but as of late when he cried about his schedule, he left....It’s Vanes fault he couldn’t capitalize in beating Lara in the rematch, with Haymon giving him that opportunity ffs...

Or be like Nicholas Walters...gets a DRAW with Sosa... and low and behold the classic rudimentary and awkward matchmaking from Top Rank that Walters is shelved... Sosa fights Loma... they strategically move their fighters around for their own profitable gain like expendable assets. That’s the reality of Top Rank. They could’ve continued giving Walters fights while also giving Loma fights, providing more revenue for TR.

At least Haymon has a better pool of matchmaking, and his cards on Showtime, which imo Al Bernstein and Paulie are huge collaborators to request the stacked cards on Showtime. Showtime’s Championship cards are among the purist cookies in the sport. Oddly enough, Lara, usually the main event, can be a sleeper...I did enjoy his fight against that other Olympian doe, Gausha. Interesting chessmatch doe a snoozer
                  As ever, your point eludes me. Did I say that Haymon was worse than Arum either as a human being or at putting fights together?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    I don't believe Robin Hood got rich himself.
                    Well said. Heymon is clearly in this for his own career and wealth....he is no Robin Hood.... regardless of how he treats his fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X