Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon-ROBIN HOOd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk about all that, but it does seem he's the most well talked about guy in the boxing business. I mean you can find a guy who thinks Arum, King, Oscar & any particular abc group President is satan himself & list off a half dozen decent to great reasons why they are correct. Meanwhile it seems like the guys who claim Haymon is satan are searching for their reasons why they are correct & land on weird things like he gets his fighters paid or his fighters thank him too much or he doesn't like attention or odd sh^t like that that would be reasons to hype most cats in the boxing business.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      As ever, your point eludes me. Did I say that Haymon was worse than Arum either as a human being or at putting fights together?
      You said Haymon was “as dodgy as they come.” I don’t need to point any details that you have no trust in the guy... unless of course by dodgy you mean he’s doing great things...

Comment

It's funny as **** seeing all you weirdos being so afraid of PBC succeeding. Spending night and day trying to convince yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
          You said Haymon was “as dodgy as they come.” I don’t need to point any details that you have no trust in the guy... unless of course by dodgy you mean he’s doing great things...
          Not Haymon in particular. All promoters. It's a dodgy business, as is the music biz. Unless you think Al succeeded by being a choirboy?

'Great things' huh? I'm not seeing much different to any other promoter except that Als a bit more opaque in his business deals than most. But hell, if you think the guy's doing something special I ain't gonna try to change your mind. History, as ever, will be the judge.

Just in case you're under the impression that I've got something against Haymon, I don't. Indeed, I hope his ventures succceed in bringing more and better boxing matches to our screens. I just ain't buying into the idea that he's some kinda saint or saviour of boxing though. You can, if you like.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-18-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Haymon is a scoundrel who came to boxing from the corrupt music business. His top fighters outside of Floyd--Thurman, Garcia, Porter, Broner, Stevenson, Wilder--none of them have earned more than $2M per fight. Titles are great, but not if you aren't defending them often enough and against equally matched opponents.

Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Haymon stole from the rich to make himself rich.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              It's funny as **** seeing all you weirdos being so afraid of PBC succeeding. Spending night and day trying to convince yourselves
              I cant wait for Vargas to put Thurman to sleep lol

Comment

Hardly a robin hood. He robbed the fans of good fights, that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman2000 View Post
                  Haymon seems like a scum bag him and scheafer
                  Thats very true

Comment

Working...
                  X