Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in doing a money version of the pick em guy check out this thread.
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=771081

Looking to start getting moving on this soon with a possible starting date range between the middle of February to March 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      That's not a bad idea. I haven't thought about that aspect of the scoring a lot

I save a copy of the thread and poll at the time the first bell rings, and base everything on that copy. In my saved version of the poll, 91 of 92 people picked Usyk. The 10 other votes in the live poll came after I saved and weren't counted.
      ok thx for responding maybe their could be a vote on the scoring thing or maybe too late?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        I second that motion. That’s not a bad idea at all...
        Maybe we can have a vote if its not too late.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          Maybe we can have a vote if its not too late.

That’s entirely up to bro bob. He’s the one that would have to put in the work on It.

If it’s an easy thing to do then I don’t see why he can’t make it happen.

Comment

That’s entirely up to bro bob. He’s the one that would have to put in the work on It.

Nah it's easy enough. Poll incoming.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=771403
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-31-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

he said he liked it I think but whether others do I don't know.

Comment

I think that the best way to tweek the scoring and give more credit to detail is to bring back the rare pick bonus in some form.

It could be something as simple as an extra 5-10 points for a pick chosen by 10% or less of the posters.

If you look at most fights, they wind up as decisions. And stoppages are often crystal clear.

That's just more math and it won't really separate the scores.

Rare picks will and it is less work.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  I think that the best way to tweek the scoring and give more credit to detail is to bring back the rare pick bonus in some form.

It could be something as simple as an extra 5-10 points for a pick chosen by 10% or less of the posters.

If you look at most fights, they wind up as decisions. And stoppages are often crystal clear.

That's just more math and it won't really separate the scores.

Rare picks will and it is less work.
                  Would have to think about that but yea more points for tougher picks(like this week)seems to make sence.

Comment

Leaderboard will be updated tonight after work

Meanwhile, what should the next fight be? Is Garcia-Lipinets a good enough matchup?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Leaderboard will be updated tonight after work

Meanwhile, what should the next fight be? Is Garcia-Lipinets a good enough matchup?
                      Only the type victory will be interesting there because Garcia is expect to win by far.

Comment

Working...
                      X