Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao says negotiations are underway for possible super-fight with Lomachenk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao says negotiations are underway for possible super-fight with Lomachenk

There has been some talk of the possibility, no matter how small, of a fight between all-time great Manny Pacquiao and current and reigning pound-for-pound king Vasyl Lomachenko before – and there is more talk on the subject currently taking place. According to Pacquiao his team are discussing a fight between he and the current WBO 130 pound champion, and that the main obstacle to be overcome is weight, as in what weight the fight – really a modern day Dream Fight if ever there was one – would take place at.

“There are negotiations now about the number one pound for pound which is [Vasyl] Lomachenko,” Pacquiao said on a TV interview with ABS-CBN. “There are still talks on the weight, reducing the weight. You know, I miss boxing. I am okay.”

Anybody got some more info on this and Thoughts people....

Don't see this ending well for Manny.. Good for Loma getting a big name on his resume, hope this happens. Curious about what weight they're gonna try and make this at

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think this may just be a rumor. I am not allowed to post URL's but I read at RT.com "Lomachenko manager: ‘No truth’ in Pacquiao superfight rumors"

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
        I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think this may just be a rumor. I am not allowed to post URL's but I read at RT.com "Lomachenko manager: ‘No truth’ in Pacquiao superfight rumors"
        You might be right, just like they tried to piggyback off of Floyd's name.......

Comment

A fight on the Crawford/Horn undercard, shown on ESPN 3, is not a superfight.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
            Its not a rumour, Pacquiao said it on Filipino TV, the quotes are translations of what he said. Pacquiao could have just been chatting **** though

Comment

Manny shouldn't agree to anything below 144 and I'd argue he shouldn't accept anything lower than 147. Dropping weight as an older cat seems like more risk than it's worth.

Comment

loma boxes colonel pacquiao's tail off

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Manny shouldn't agree to anything below 144 and I'd argue he shouldn't accept anything lower than 147. Dropping weight as an older cat seems like more risk than it's worth.
                  How much weight would Pacquiao really be dropping though?

Maybe my eyes are throwing it off, Pacquiao at the scales physically looks like he could get down to 142/143lbs without any real issue, putting 140 in mind given some kind of diet.

Heading down to 135lbs would be real detrimental to Pacquiao, but he's small enough that I only really see "old man" problems coming in were he to try to get to 138/137lbs.

Then again, the max old guy cut would be easier to gauge if we knew what he walked into the ring at on fight night.

Hopkins was able to fight on for so long because he knew all the tricks to protect himself in the ring, while also being a maniac in preserving his body, but he was also a light heavyweight champion who never let his body get to even the mid 180s at any point in time.

Whatever the Horn ring weight was, less 8-10lbs, is likely it for Pacquiao at this point (in terms of what he should be willing to drop).

Comment

The only ones that really beat Pacquiao this decade were Mayweather and Marquez, this is gonna be a really difficult fight for Loma at a higher weight

Comment

Working...
                    X