No announcement yet.

This Davis-Broner Comparison...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Davis-Broner Comparison...

Is 'Broner 2.0' supposed to mean the biggest failure in boxing? The definition of it? What is it? I don't get it. Please explain to me.

I'm not interested in boxers' private lives or social media, so spare yourself that time. This is not about gossip, this is a tough man's sport, so stick to talking boxing.

I made the post below in another thread. What do you think about this issue?
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    The ones who compare Davis to Broner want him to fail so badly. Why? Why even 'Broner 2.0' as if that's supposed to be the accepted definition of the biggest failure in boxing? Is it? The guy was a good fighter, and that's it. Broner might have overachieved, IMO, in comparison to his skills and natural talents. Davis has more skills and talent.

Broner was a B or B- in his best days. He was hyped to the roof without the skills and natural talents to match it. (Something I suspect is the case with Wilder.) I think his best win was DeMarco. He looked good in that fight after figuring DeMarco out. That's the best Broner has ever looked. It was an entertaining fight. After that, I didn't pay much attention.

If you are a boxing fan and can't see that Davis is a special fighter, you may wanna watch his fights or highlights again. I'm not saying he's fought any special competition so far, but the potential is right there, unless he ****s with it.

So, no, Davis is none like Broner IN THE RING! He also ain't an imitator. He has his own style, unlike Broner, who has no personality in the ring. Floyd imitations didn't work well!

Give Davis a chance, at least a couple of years to try to do something great. If he proves to be a 'bum,' I'll agree with you.

Skill for skill, Davis>Broner.

as soon as you understand that broner was berto 2.0 you will get it

Comment

also davis can be judah 2.0 if that makes you happy? judah had all the skills in the world but did he know how to use them? but judah fought amazing fighters while tank refuses so nevermind that comparison wont work after all

Comment

I made a thread about this, that it seems to me like people are setting up Davis to fit the old stereotype of the uppity young man they want to see fail. Broner acted like trash and even I was rooting against him for a while because of his behavior. Fans always need villains. It's no surprise to see them plugging Davis into the Broner role.

That said, Davis knows what kind of scrutiny he's under so it's up to him to act accordingly. It ain't fair but it's the way it is.

Comment

People fail to realize how many boxers never get above club level....Broner a failure????LMFAO!!!!HE MADE IT

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            as soon as you understand that broner was berto 2.0 you will get it
            Broner and Berto both made it to the top of a rough sport..how is that a failure?

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
              People fail to realize how many boxers never get above club level....Broner a failure????LMFAO!!!!HE MADE IT
              thats kind of the whole point....broner made it even though he wasnt that good and never should have. he made it cause of a built in fanbase and soft opposition. he made it because promoters and networks wanted him to make it, not cause he was worthy. the same route floyd admitted hes taking with davis. admits that they dont want to fight the best and that they are trying to grow his bank account. hence the broner 2.0 comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                Broner and Berto both made it to the top of a rough sport..how is that a failure?
                yes berto made it to the top....how though? which top fighters did he beat? he had like 10 fights on hbo against soft competition then got wrecked by a guy moving up in weight. he made it to the top because they manufactured him and wanted him there. yes he had some talent but they probably had like 20 super computers working day and night in order to steer him to the top and they still failed because they couldnt calculate he would lose to bum ortiz. thats why broner is berto 2.0. the predictors failed again. lets see if tank can get by the mediocre opposition and grow his bank account and make it!

Comment

It's not only his brash behavior, it's his lack of discipline. Losing his title on the scale is not a good look. Making excuses to avoid Loma is also not a good look. Being associated with Floyd is another parallel. Can you see why people are saying Broner 2.0? It has nothing to do with their fighting styles. FWIW, I enjoy watching both Broner and Davis fight. Broner is lost potential, Davis is showing shades of Broner.

Comment

thats kind of the whole point....broner made it even though he wasnt that good and never should have. he made it cause of a built in fanbase and soft opposition. he made it because promoters and networks wanted him to make it, not cause he was worthy. the same route floyd admitted hes taking with davis. admits that they dont want to fight the best and that they are trying to grow his bank account. hence the broner 2.0 comparisons.
                    yes berto made it to the top....how though? which top fighters did he beat? he had like 10 fights on hbo against soft competition then got wrecked by a guy moving up in weight. he made it to the top because they manufactured him and wanted him there. yes he had some talent but they probably had like 20 super computers working day and night in order to steer him to the top and they still failed because they couldnt calculate he would lose to bum ortiz. thats why broner is berto 2.0. the predictors failed again. lets see if tank can get by the mediocre opposition and grow his bank account and make it!
                    the fighters berto and broner both beat were good enough to be at the world level and on tv...there are literally HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS OF BOXERS IN THIS WORLD!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X