Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Their 130 lb. reigns are identical.
    • Both won a 130 lb. title via KO.
    • Both defended their titles once via KO.
    • Both were stripped for coming in overweight before their 2nd title defense.
    • Both KO'd their opponents in what would have been their 2nd title defense.
    • Both moved up to 135 after that.

Comment

Davis is FAR more talented than Broner.

Adrien was a guy who was gifted titles, decisions and midgets, whilst fighting in a style that was some weird imitation of Welterweight-era Mayweather, without any of the natural instincts or footwork.

Gervonta looks like he's going to have same chaotic lifestyle that Broner has. It's a pity because he could be an electrifying fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
        Davis is FAR more talented than Broner.

Adrien was a guy who was gifted titles, decisions and midgets, whilst fighting in a style that was some weird imitation of Welterweight-era Mayweather, without any of the natural instincts or footwork.

Gervonta looks like he's going to have same chaotic lifestyle that Broner has. It's a pity because he could be an electrifying fighter.
        Can his size allow him to be succesful at 140 or 147? same for Lomachenko. I don't think so.

Comment

Well they're both thugs

Comment

I think cats are judging Tank too soon if they are calling him Broner 2.0. I was never as impressed with Broner like I've been with Tank already. Broner doesn't suck as bad as most wish he did, but I think Tank has more natural talent &/or skill than Broner so Tank might need to f#ck up way worse than he's done thus far to go down to beating up people at bowling alleys & the depth of dumb sh^t Broner has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Their 130 lb. reigns are identical.
              • Both won a 130 lb. title via KO.
              • Both defended their titles once via KO.
              • Both were stripped for coming in overweight before their 2nd title defense.
              • Both KO'd their opponents in what would have been their 2nd title defense.
              • Both moved up to 135 after that.
              Look broke it down nicely.

Tank is a entertaining fighter nothing more nothing less, I havent seen him show any improvemnts since the first time I have seen him. He gonna go through the motion till he can land his power shot and hopes it hurts you.

I do think Davis will suffer the same fate broner did and thats once you cant hurt your oppenent you gonna struggle alot cause your entire style is based off your oppenent fearing/weary of your power.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
                Never said he was great but I think any child with a dream in boxing would retire smiling winning 4 divisional titles and being a multi millionaire
                from a certain perspective sure but i dont think kids dream about beating unknown or crappy fighters for belts. they probably dream about beating the best. they probably aim high. the money is just a side effect of good marketing. all he had to do was beat the low level opposition put in front of him. good for him but from an outsider fan perspective he never should have been in the picture as an elite fighter. the powers that be put him there cause they knew he was a draw. all those accomplishments are pretty hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Who has Tank struggled with lol? You talking about undefeated Fonseca who he stopped?
                  Yes if we mean stopped by the illegal rabbit punch and shoving down onto the canvas. Funny how fighters who get put in comas from rabbit punches are given "condolences" but the ones who are blessed enough to come out of it perfectly fine are ignored. Davis looked like **** and cheated to win.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Can his size allow him to be succesful at 140 or 147? same for Lomachenko. I don't think so.
                    No. He is extremely short. Quite frankly, I think he might be so for 135 too. The problem is, he gets fat in between fights, so I can see making 135 becoming an issue in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I think cats are judging Tank too soon if they are calling him Broner 2.0. I was never as impressed with Broner like I've been with Tank already. Broner doesn't suck as bad as most wish he did, but I think Tank has more natural talent &/or skill than Broner so Tank might need to f#ck up way worse than he's done thus far to go down to beating up people at bowling alleys & the depth of dumb sh^t Broner has done.
                      I know he might be better than Broner. But since the money is at 140 and 147, he might end up fighting there in a few years. He's too small for 140 and 147 in terms of height and reach. Maybe he can be heavy but he can be outboxed from the outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X