Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Me and Joshua is Four Round Fight - Either I Go or He Goes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah Fury the feathery fisted ko artist, give me a break!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Go rewatch the fifth round, Joshua was gassed after putting Wlad down, and he ended up almost getting knocked down that same round because of it.

He also took at least 2 rounds off IIRC.

and I'm not a Joshua hater, I like AJ. But it's a valid concern of mine.

(oh, did you think I meant in all his fights/other fights? I was simply talking about the fight against Wlad.)

This has nothing to do with hating or not .

I dont have to rewatch it .

As stated he went for a finish and then wasted alot of energy after the knock down of Klitchko and was hit by a big left hook and uppercut (these are the things ppl wish to ignore ) therefore going into the 6th spent .. Getting up after the 5th rnd one would need stamina .

Basing he has bad stamina on one fight where he weighed his heaviest is not valid . It is not valid bc he went 10 rnds the next fight and his punch output in the 10th round was the second highest volume of punches he threw .
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-16-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        This has nothing to do with hating or not .

I dont have to rewatch it ,as stated he wasted alot of energy after the knock down of Klitchko and was hit by a big left hook and uppercut (these are the things ppl wish to igmore ) therefore going into the 6th spent .. Getting up after the 5th rnd one would need stamina .

Basing he has bad stamina on one fight is not valid . It is not valid bc he went 10 rnd the next fight and his puncjh out put in the 10th round was the second highest volume of punches he threw .
        That's fair. I just found it alarming that he punched himself out so quickly in the fifth, and once Wlad got up, Joshua was gassed. Which round did AJ get knocked down? 8th?

I'm not saying the guy has the stamina of Buster Mathis or anything, but if he trimmed some of his muscle, he could probably go longer. Sure he went 10 or 11 against Takam but he barely cracks the top 25.

Comment

That's fair. I just found it alarming that he punched himself out so quickly in the fifth, and once Wlad got up, Joshua was gassed. Which round did AJ get knocked down? 8th?

I'm not saying the guy has the stamina of Buster Mathis or anything, but if he trimmed some of his muscle, he could probably go longer. Sure he went 10 or 11 against Takam but he barely cracks the top 25.
          Thats called inexperience . Fighters dont adjust to pace until about 25 fights in . He was also his heaviest at that point .

Ross Purrity wouldn't crack much today either but guess what ? He handed Wlad his first loss in his 25th fight .

Do you know why?

Because Klitchko didnt PACE himself and he was only 225 pounds at the time .

For Joshua to fight the way he does at 250 shows good stamina ,he just needs the rounds now .

(Takam didnt win ONE round ) Takam IS a ranked top 10 fighter . To suggest you cant even rank him in top 20 is a farce .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-16-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thats called inexperience . Fighters dont adjust to pace until about 25 fights in . He was also his heaviest at that point .

Ross Purrity wouldn't crack much today either but guess what ? He handed Wlad his first loss in his 25th fight .

Do you know why?

Because Klitchko didnt PACE himself and he was only 225 pounds at the time .

For Joshua to fight the way he does at 250 shows good stamina ,he just needs the rounds now .

(Takam didnt win ONE round ) Takam IS a ranked top 10 fighter . To suggest you cant even rank him in top 20 is a farce .
            Wlad had a shoulder injury, didn't he? Or am I confusing him with Vitali's first loss? and it's no secret that HW's mature later than other boxers. I think we are kind of low key agreeing here while at the same time arguing haha.

It's also hard for guys like AJ and Wilder to prove stamina when they KO everyone. I was glad to see Wilder go the distance against Stiverne just to see that he could still look good in later rounds and not gas by the fifth.

Also, as far as Takam goes, he's ranked 18 on BoxRec, and 16 on IBO, so I was too high and you were too low lol. We can meet in the middle
            Last edited by _Rexy_; 01-16-2018, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Wlad had a shoulder injury, didn't he? Or am I confusing him with Vitali's first loss? and it's no secret that HW's mature later than other boxers. I think we are kind of low key agreeing here while at the same time arguing haha.

It's also hard for guys like AJ and Wilder to prove stamina when they KO everyone. I was glad to see Wilder go the distance against Stiverne just to see that he could still look good in later rounds and not gas by the fifth.

Also, as far as Takam goes, he's ranked 18 on BoxRec, and 16 on IBO, so I was too high and you were too low lol. We can meet in the middle
              Vitali was injury prone not Wlad .....ironically bc Vitali was more durable .

Wilder is only 220 /225 at 6'7 ,hes carrying less mass .

Stamina is non issue and he fights with low guard which doesnt tax the shoulders . This isnt exactly to his benefit with Joshua however for reasons posted here and it will be the first REAL threat 6'6 footer should he get past Ortiz .

Takam is ranked 10th in the WBC .

Comment

Vitali was injury prone not Wlad .....ironically bc Vitali was more durable .

Wilder is only 220 /225 at 6'7 ,hes carrying less mass .

Stamina is non issue and he fights with low guard which doesnt tax the shoulders . This isnt exactly to his benefit with Joshua however for reasons posted here and it will be the first REAL threat 6'6 footer should he get past Ortiz .

Takam is ranked 10th in the WBC .
                damn, I did not realize that the WBC had Takam that low. My bad.

and yeah, I knew one of them had that loss because of the shoulder injury, I just couldn't remember which brother. Just like I used to get confused which one got demolished by Saunders and which one beat Saunders lol.

DAMN!!! WBC has Breazeale listed as #2? No wonder I typically use IBO haha
                Last edited by _Rexy_; 01-16-2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

damn, I did not realize that the WBC had Takam that low. My bad.

and yeah, I knew one of them had that loss because of the shoulder injury, I just couldn't remember which brother. Just like I used to get confused which one got demolished by Saunders and which one beat Saunders lol.

DAMN!!! WBC has Breazeale listed as #2? No wonder I typically use IBO haha
                  Breazeale hasnt lost in 2 years and that was to Joshua . Has a 90% K.O record and isnt all that easy to beat as many think . He doesnt have more than 20 fights either and he defeated Izu who arguably is better than Parker all around besides having more durability .

Hes actually supposed to be Wilders mandatory bc the Molina fight was for that spot (originally the Stiverne fight ) . So he has to be ranked high regardless .

Comment

Go away Fury your not relevant - Ped user

Comment

If AJ cannot beat ANY version of Fury ( who is nothing more than a CON) his boxing license should be revoked for life!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X