Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Khan vs. Brook a Step Closer, The Barriers are Now Gone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Khan vs. Brook a Step Closer, The Barriers are Now Gone

For years there were promotional differences, networks differences and a lot of animosity - but the grudge match between Amir Khan and Kell Brook is now closer than ever. Last week, Khan officially announced that he signed a three fight promotional pact with Eddie Hearn, who is the lead promoter for Brook.
    [Click Here To Read More]

still a big fight in the eyes of the british public but it would have been a better fight if they fought a couple of years ago before those loses they had

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
      still a big fight in the eyes of the british public but it would have been a better fight if they fought a couple of years ago before those loses they had
      yes, in agreement here

Comment

the way khan talks about this fight, i'm still not convinced that he actually ever wants to be across the ring v brook

Comment

will still be big but not as big as it would have been.

Comment

I actually think the fight is now bigger, not in the boxing community, but for casuals.
            Brook has fought in two PPVs in his last two fights which has raised his profile. And Khan has been reality tv and social media comedy over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
              I actually think the fight is now bigger, not in the boxing community, but for casuals.
              Brook has fought in two PPVs in his last two fights which has raised his profile. And Khan has been reality tv and social media comedy over the last few years.
              You make a great point, the casual fans will lap it up now and they will make more money I never thought of it like that. I still wish we saw it 2 or 3 years ago before the losses.

Comment

Not what it would have been years ago. It was more than obvious when Khan signed with Hearn that he was going to fight Brook. Will it be his second fight, or will Khan take two warm-ups? I guess he can fight Brook his second fight and if he loses fight an opponent so he can retire with a win. If he beats Brook, he would fight Spence, Crawford, or Thurman. He wouldn't beat any of them, but I bet he'd fight them. If he wins it would be huge for him and a loss is just what everyone would expect anyway, so it wouldn't change his legacy at all.

I don't know who wins. I know everyone wants to say Brook, but Khan is hard to pick against. I mean, Khan probably wins if he doesn't get knocked out, but that's a big if. Especially if it is above 147, which it probably will be.

Comment

Won't happen in 2018 unfortunately. KHAN is still petrified of losing to BROOK.

Comment

Sure the intrigue isnt there anymore but Khan is never in a boring fight and Brook is going to be hella motivated for this which could turn out to be a barn burner.

As long as Brook’s eye dont cer flared up again, itll be exciting.

Comment

Working...
                    X