Collapse
No announcement yet.

The worst referees in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger Tilleman, never have I seen such a corrupt ref favour a home town fighter than in Ottke/Reid.

He ignored a legimate knockdown Reid scored, warned and deducted points for Reid hitting Ottke with legal shots, allowed Ottke to foul and head butt Reid then deducted a point from Reid for a non existent head butt. Reid spent the latter stages of the fight just trying not to get disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
      Why is this in the lounge? Isn't this for non-boxing topics?

Daft Coont
      Cos I felt like putting it there. Now STFU.

Comment

Dont remember which fight it was, but ive seen the clip countless times

the Boxer was ahead HUGE on points, and he got knocked down in the final round (last 15 seconds I believe) he makes it to his feet before the 8 count and the ref stops the fight (with 4 seconds left) robbing the kid of a sure victory.

also, because I watched this match a few months ago it comes to mind. Tony Perez who reffed the Ali vs Wepner fight. Wepner got away with like 90 rabbit punches, and when Ali complained, Perez told him to stop talking and fight.

Comment

the ref from the 3rd griffith vs paret fight, he was clearly enjoying the action way too much.
          and the ref from the norton vs cooney fight, allowed cooney to throw 4 punches while norton was knocked down already.

Comment

Originally posted by bak ta ehli View Post
            the ref from the 3rd griffith vs paret fight, he was clearly enjoying the action way too much.
            and the ref from the norton vs cooney fight, allowed cooney to throw 4 punches while norton was knocked down already.
            don't know how I forgot that one lol. My memory is also for some reason telling me that there was a Sugar Ray (Leonard) match that had some really bad reffing, but I dont recall which one for the life of me.

Comment

The ref that let Klitschko hold over 180 times against Povetkin.

Comment

Any referee on a Sky PPV to be honest...

Comment

Lance Cole i think his name is. Guy is a fkin joke. Probably takes alot of bribes and makes alot of bets.

Comment

that guy that carried Cleverly back to his corner when he was getting koed by kovalev, of recent memory. abject cheating in cardiff. didnt matter though, only saved Nath for one round.

the welsh are a fair minded people so this kind of abject cheating is disgusting and is a terrible advert for their nation. I mean carrying him back , come on! Just call the tko!

Comment

if it were up to me, every match would just get reffed by either Steve Smoger or Mills Lane. I've never had to worry about reffing in matches with those two, just judges lol

Comment

Working...
                      X