Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Amir Khan Been Avoided By More ATGs Than Any Other Fighter In History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he was avoided so much as he never made himself the obvious top contender in any division.

His case to be the guy Floyd or Manny *HAD* to fight was never the strongest compared to other available names. In part because Khan was so singularly focused on landing one of those 2 major names, he didn't end up fighting a lot of the other guys in his orbit.

Khan's career could have been very different but his chin was exposed relatively early on. A dazzling offensive fighter with a huge weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      no he didnt. manny was only gonna fight khan because they offer him $20+ mil or something to fight khan in dubai. when that offer proved to be false, he went elsewhere.

where as for floyd, floyd made a poll asking the fans who they want to see him fight next.
      You really do try to twist everything because you can't handle the truth, don't you?

So you're saying that the fans only voted for Khan because it was a fight in Dubai, and if he said something like, "Who do you want me to fight in Australia next," they would have voted for Jeff Horn?

Is that what you're saying?

The point is he put up a poll, Khan won, and he chose Jeff Hornacek. Isn't that what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
        I was always intrigued with a Khan vs Mayweather fight, but Khan decided to sit back and hope Floyd picked him rather than going out there and earning it.
        Ehhhh Khan kinda deservedd it during that Alexander debacle (sitting out for a year). But it's not Khan's fault Maidana did really well in that first fight and earned himself the rematch.

You can't really say Floyd strait ducked Khan.... but he damn sure wasn't eager to fight him either.

Comment

the purse was offer to manny first to fight in dubai, that's why he put up the poll!!! if this is not the case then why would he asked "who do you want to see me fight next in the UAE"? lmao!!!! why would he bring up fighting in the UAE then??

unlike floyd, who put up a poll to see who the fans want to fight then went and picked someone else without any reason.

Comment

“The Amir Khan story has come out of nowhere,” Arum added. “What’s happening is that Manny is talking to these people in Dubai who have offered him an insane amount of money,.

“Whether (the offer) is real or not real — he is determined to explore it to see if it has any validity. That’s all I can say.”

Comment

Arum told ESPN that investors from UAE were offering up a massive $38 million to secure an event with Pacquiao - and Khan, because of the location, was the preferred opponent. Still, Arum said that he was sceptical about the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                the purse was offer to manny first to fight in dubai, that's why he put up the poll!!! if this is not the case then why would he asked "who do you want to see me fight next in the UAE"? lmao!!!! why would he bring up fighting in the UAE then??

unlike floyd, who put up a poll to see who the fans want to fight then went and picked someone else without any reason.

What I'm asking is, do you think the poll would have turned out differently if he would have said, "Who do you want to see me fight next in Australia?"

And I'm using Australia as an example to try my best to give you a leg to stand on. What do you think?
                Last edited by travestyny; 01-16-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

stop trying to change the subject. im not interested to get into a 3,000 page debate with you.

i only posted that to correct a poster who said manny did the same like floyd which is not completely true.

sure, he did put up a poll BUT that was after he got an offer to fight khan in dubai! in my opinion he did that to show arum that the people wanted him to fight khan instead of the names arum wanted manny to fight which is horn/crawford. khan was never an opponent arum offer to manny.

Comment

If Khan held a belt, was a mandatory or had a defining win at 174 then I could accept some of the 'ducking' cases made in his favor.

But the simple fact is that just by calling a fighter out and them not responding (or the fight just never happening) doesn't equate to being ducked.

Khan is so stupid, and stupid follows stupid - hence his fan base.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how Khan fans try to resurrect some interest in a glass jawed, underachieving, overhyped, bum who's biggest win was against a *WAY OVER THE HILL* Barrera. On top of that, cheats on his pregnant wife ..... he deserves every azzwhooping he gets ....... and he's had a few.

Comment

Working...
                      X