Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Alvarez ****ed up on taking a step aside fee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Alvarez ****ed up on taking a step aside fee?

Instead of getting that Stevenson pay day. And now he has to fight a fighter that is more skilled than Stevenson, younger, faster and better accuracy and with power that rivals Stevenson's and on top of that he's taller which he can't out box him and he can't put his lights out since alvarez doesnt have big power.

Yes he's kinda old and can potentially lose to anyone of his fights and he was crying about not getting the title shot yet he accepts step aside money. I don't think he can beat badou jack (who will beat Stevenson)

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Instead of getting that Stevenson pay day. And now he has to fight a fighter that is more skilled than Stevenson, younger, faster and better accuracy and with power that rivals Stevenson's and on top of that he's taller which he can't out box him and he can't put his lights out since alvarez doesnt have big power.
      He got better money vs Bute and Pascal than he would have against Stevenson.

Alvarez made the right choice.

Comment

He would have beat Stevenson, IMO, so yea it was a mistake. The whole thing reminds me of what a joke Stevenson became.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          He would have beat Stevenson, IMO, so yea it was a mistake. The whole thing reminds me of what a joke Stevenson became.
          Yeah same here. Alvarez vs Stevenson kinda has "Stevenson out boxed and frustrated" written all over it. Him out boxing Gvozdyk? I just don't see it but we might get shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            He got better money vs Bute and Pascal than he would have against Stevenson.

Alvarez made the right choice.
            Yeah but that Step Aside fee would be less than half of what he would have got against Stevenson.

Comment

Yeah same here. Alvarez vs Stevenson kinda has "Stevenson out boxed and frustrated" written all over it. Him out boxing Gvozdyk? I just don't see it but we might get shocked.
              Gvozdyk is a terrible choice for anyone right now. He shows the most potential of any of the newcomers at 175 but has the least hype. So, he's essentially the worst risk/reward scenario out there. I wish Alvarez the best but this is bad news IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Gvozdyk is a terrible choice for anyone right now. He shows the most potential of any of the newcomers at 175 but has the least hype. So, he's essentially the worst risk/reward scenario out there. I wish Alvarez the best but this is bad news IMO.
                Yeah, I noticed how little hype he has got. You would think that his fluency in English would get him out of there and his knock outs on fairly good opponents would give him a push. The hype is all In all Bivol like, Beterbiev, Barrera,, Jack. while he gets pushed into the sideline and from the eye test he is the most impressive yet despite that he has little impact on the fans.

Comment

Yeah but that Step Aside fee would be less than half of what he would have got against Stevenson.
                  The fights against Bute and Pascal were part of the step aside arrangements. Stevenson and Alvarez have the same promoter and the same manager. Stevenson vs. Alvarez wasn't a big fight yet, so everybody worked together to build up the fight by arranging for Alvarez to raise his profile by beating Bute and Pascal, fights he was well compensated for. This path was more lucrative for Alvarez than going straight to the Stevenson fight.

Comment

Fook Adonis Stevenson!

Comment

Working...
                    X