Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anthony Joshua's punch power overrated or Carlos Takam and Wlad Klitschko's chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

klitschko fought a smart fight, his tactics were sound, age and ring rust caught up with him and joshua got his second wind which is why he won

I feel many people don't really know how durable an opponent takam is, he also presented a difficult style for joshua as he was elusive enough to not get hit flush very often

joshua's power is pretty good, I'd say on the level of Lennox Lewis, but he has only just recently been put against top opposition so my opinion might change

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      klitschko fought a smart fight, his tactics were sound, age and ring rust caught up with him and joshua got his second wind which is why he won

I feel many people don't really know how durable an opponent takam is, he also presented a difficult style for joshua as he was elusive enough to not get hit flush very often

joshua's power is pretty good, I'd say on the level of Lennox Lewis, but he has only just recently been put against top opposition so my opinion might change
      AJ has power but Lenox's right hand was a legit weapon

Comment

one punch power overrated , anybody in the top 20 has give him rounds , wlad , whyte , brezeale and takam , charles martin and molina literally were bodybags there for a cheque , hard to give credit when they both did there best michael spinks vs tyson impression

Comment

His power is definitely overrated, then again when you move up in competition then you would see a lot can take your power. Takam is a solid chin boxer, Wlad doesn't have a great chin but he can hold his own especially against a novice like Joshua. This is why i think the Parker fight is a dangerous fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            Except that he did carry his power through the late rounds when he stopped Klitschko late in the fight.
            So? Wladimir was badly gassed, a strong wind would've knocked him over. Remember this is an old, inactive Wlad we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
              So? Wladimir was badly gassed, a strong wind would've knocked him over. Remember this is an old, inactive Wlad we're talking about.
              He also has other mid to late round KO's.

Which means he CAN carry it into later rounds. No?

Comment

Another negative thread by you trashing AJ. You already trashed him yesterday. Your poll is rigged with only the options you want. AJ has KOed everyone he ever fought. He KOed Molina in less than half the time it took Wilder to do it. You don't think AJ is a hard punching heavyweight because you are a boxing moron.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                  He certainly has power but at the end of his shots. I know he kept saying he wants to entertain the fans pre Takam, and it was close and inside fighting which doesn't suit him.

Takam is pretty tough with his style. His face got cut up and he had a flash KD so AJ has power to do damage, but he can't generate it on the inside.

AJ would have KO'd Stirvene IMO too. They guy was out of shape and didn't move... he didn't move to punch, he didn't move his legs, didn't move his body or head...

Power is always questioned when someone lasts long. For example against Splkzka (sp) Wilder struggled due to the awkward style and movement... he eventually got the KO but didn't look great for most of it IMO.

This is boxing though. When you get a KO early, people get all happy. When you go the distance your power is questioned.

Sometimes at the top level, you simply can not KO someone because of their skills and durability...
                  I think thats harsh considering he hurt and dropped both his world level opponents so far with tight hooks and uppercuts.

I think he short shots are great. Maybe more mid range than inside but still
                  Last edited by Tom Cruise; 01-05-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post

I'll disagree with that there, but who really knows.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      Except that he did carry his power through the late rounds when he stopped Klitschko late in the fight.
                      That uppercut was ridiculous!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X