Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it about time we reassess Anthony Joshua's punch power after recent performances?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He hits hard but sometimes I winder how good he'd be if he didn't hit hard. Would he still win fights? Letscsay he only hiut as hard as ali

Comment

Oh man did you just say Povetkin is a weak puncher? No way, he's nasty...

Joshua is damn powerful too, i agree with what you say about Wilder, Klitschko ..maybe they can put people to sleep with a punch which he hasn't been doing of late. But he is big, fast and can put anyone down with a combination. Just don't underestimate his strength is what i'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
        Kevin Johnson had never tasted the canvas. He did against AJ.
        Pretty sure Chisora knocked him down.

Comment

he's on so much juice with that telltale physique you don't know what you'll get. His power vs stamina ratio probably fluctuates wildly depending on what mixture they last gave him.

I think most connected fighters use designer PEDs so im not singling him out but he's an extreme case for sure. Science experiement.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Pretty sure Chisora knocked him down.
            Yeah it was in the 5th round, an overhand right caught him on the temple. It was just a flash knockdown though, he didn't look badly hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              he's on so much juice with that telltale physique you don't know what you'll get. His power vs stamina ratio probably fluctuates wildly depending on what mixture they last gave him.

I think most connected fighters use designer PEDs so im not singling him out but he's an extreme case for sure. Science experiement.
              The large muscle mass isn't definitive proof, he could just have good genetics - but that HGH gut seems awfully suspicious

Comment

Man you need medical help

Comment

AJ has superior punching power to a lot of heavyweights

Comment

We don't even know if a human can last 12 rounds with him yet.
                    So he hits quite hard

Comment

A lot of his stoppages early on were a case of the ref jumping in when he (barely) landed a flurry though. I say early on, it happened v Takam too.

He does hit hard though. I don't think it's on the level of Wilder where a single shot can put you to sleep at any moment, but you definitely don't want to be taking shots from AJ either.

I really don't think it's going to take any form of special elite fighter to beat AJ. Just someone that's durable, is operating at a decent world level and performs well on the night. I'd pick him to beat Parker, but really it wouldn't be a shock to me if Parker beat him. Joshua is not elite.

Comment

Working...
                      X