Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fights Does My dude NELO Gotta Take To Be #1P4P, Mexican Style Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fights Does My dude NELO Gotta Take To Be #1P4P, Mexican Style Time?

I say he punks Lil'G even better in the rematch with a lovely KO or Abel and Loeffler (whichever the two) throws in a Mexican white towel.

Then fights BJS for Undisputed? Would these two fights in May or Sept. seal the deal? I think so...as if beating Lil'G wasnt enough to be #2....

Or does Nelo need to fight yet a third fight with Charlo or Jacobs so that Floma fans can say "nah none of them top Marriaga, Sosa, or Rigo..."

Black-Nelo 2.0 year end recap conclusion in the hizzay!

Ring will give it to him if he beats Golovkin, theres a reason theyre keeping Golovkin at no1, so they can justify putting Canelo there if he wins. For me he'll never get past Crawford and Lomachenko because theyll always beat him on the eye test, and I don't see them losing anytime soon. But if resumes your thing go and put him at no1 now, doesn't really mean a damn thing.

Comment

He ain't number 1 till he cuts to 147 and takes out Crawford, then forces Andre ward out of retirement and knocks him out, then goes the Roy jones route and jumps to heavyweight and takes out Joshua and deyoncé

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Ring will give it to him if he beats Golovkin, theres a reason theyre keeping Golovkin at no1, so they can justify putting Canelo there if he wins. For me he'll never get past Crawford and Lomachenko because theyll always beat him on the eye test, and I don't see them losing anytime soon. But if resumes your thing go and put him at no1 now, doesn't really mean a damn thing.
        You are right.

I saw the headline and I said "no matter what he does...". Stamina aside, Canelo is just not that good.

He just can't beat those guys simply by using the eye test, same goes for GGG. I don't even see them beating Rigo. And both of them will have all the problem in the world against Spence and Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
          You are right.

I saw the headline and I said "no matter what he does...". Stamina aside, Canelo is just not that good.

He just can't beat those guys simply by using the eye test, same goes for GGG. I don't even see them beating Rigo. And both of them will have all the problem in the world against Spence and Mikey.
          theres a certain point, at least to me, where resume(or fights in a year) trump the "eye test"....i think the "eye test" is a tie breaker IMO

Comment

ggg
            andrade
            charlo
            jacobs
            saunders

canelo has the opponents at 160 to make him p4p number 1. the question is will he make these fights happen

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              theres a certain point, at least to me, where resume(or fights in a year) trump the "eye test"....i think the "eye test" is a tie breaker IMO
              Like if Canelo truly beats GGG, Jacobs, and Saunders maybe Charlo not just by KO but round by round domination, then yes we can say against Loma and Crawford, he will also find a way to win. Problem is, I don't see that happening especially with Canelo's stamina issues. It will be back and forth with those guys like GGG did with Jacobs.

I feel Canelo should already be ranked above GGG. He is better - resume and eye test.

Canelo is improving everyday and still has more prime days to go but mehn... Loma and Crawford are a different beast entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
                Like if Canelo truly beats GGG, Jacobs, and Saunders maybe Charlo not just by KO but round by round domination, then yes we can say against Loma and Crawford, he will also find a way to win. Problem is, I don't see that happening especially with Canelo's stamina issues. It will be back and forth with those guys like GGG did with Jacobs.

I feel Canelo should already be ranked above GGG. He is better - resume and eye test.

Canelo is improving everyday and still has more prime days to go but mehn... Loma and Crawford are a different beast entirely.
                i dont disagree with most of what you say....cept the part about canelo having to dominate someone round by round as opposed to KO'ing them.....IMO its all the same.....like you can tell me khan gave him problems or whatever but in the end canelo put his lights out.......people tell us all the time how guys were winning rounds with wilder till he puts their lights out...its all the same to me.......its not always easy to tell when a guy is giving away rounds or points to set a guy up or wait for an opening.....when someone knocks someone out it usually satisfies the same result as an 8-4/10-2 win for me

i think at this point, not taking into account what loma and crawford might do in the next year, if canelo were to beat GGG and say either saunders or charlo? I think he would have a strong case......and of course we would have to see what loma or crawford do in the next year.......i think though that canelo will probably take a light touch if he gets by golovkin......the charlo and saunders fight will still likely be there in 2019....maybe im wrong though

Comment

Canelo is a boss. He is what Danny Garcia could've been as their frames and style are about the same. Difference is that Nelo has better upper body movement, flashy defense that is improving, and speed combinations with true power regardless of you want to criticize it as "flat footed."

Floma is a mover, speedy guy but more power for what Khan could've been...

Nelo has one of the best current resumes in the game. He's a pimp

Comment

If he clearly beats Golovkin who many rate top 3 in the sport he has the best case for P4P 1 imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X