Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker Would Get 55% of Split in Joshua Rematch, Says Higgins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Depending on how the fight goes, Joshua vs Fury draws a bigger pot than Joshua-Parker or Joshua-Parker 2. Heck, in terms of pure money, David Haye is likely a bigger fight.

After Joshua, what really is there for Parker to get? When it comes to sheer dollars, there's not a fight on the planet for him to get $10m with. (Deontay Wilder helps unify the division, in another tough fight, for likely significantly less than the first Joshua fight).

What's to stop Joshua from simply settling domestic scraps (aid in the rebuild, while also being the biggest money) before then simply saying "hey Parker, here's $15m for you to bring the belts back to the UK and try that again"?
    I think you're a little confused. The article doesn't make clear whether or not the rematch is a clause or option. If it's an option then that means AJ can simply walk away, however if it's a clause it is binding. That means AJ will have to fight, or Hearn pays a large and steep penalty. Similar to how Lennox Lewis chose to retire rather than fulfilling his obligated rematch against Vitali Klitschko, not many options when there is an actual rematch clause in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
      I think you're a little confused. The article doesn't make clear whether or not the rematch is a clause or option. If it's an option then that means AJ can simply walk away, however if it's a clause it is binding. That means AJ will have to fight, or Hearn pays a large and steep penalty. Similar to how Lennox Lewis chose to retire rather than fulfilling his obligated rematch against Vitali Klitschko, not many options when there is an actual rematch clause in the contract.
      Will wait until it comes from Eddie Hearn, but I think Higgins is full of ****.

Eddie Hearn/Joshua are shrewd enough to not be out on a limb, but I doubt that they've come anywhere near putting a dollar figure down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dog View Post
        love how most people think Parker is ****. The youngest of the three champs and faced better opponents then Wilder and Joshua if you take old man Wlad out of the equation, even Wlad at 41 years old was a shadow of his former self. Joshua has never faced a guy as quick as Parker who backs his chin. Parker will be a lot busier then Wlad too, Joshua better work on his cardio rather then his muscles otherwise its goodnight and goodbye belts because we all know he can be put on his arse even by 16OZ gloves. Parker by K.O around middle rounds.
        Who are these better opponents?

Comment

That was a very generous offer by Hearn to secure the fight. We all know Joshua is the draw here even if he loses, so to promise them 55% in a rematch shows how confident they are and also how much they wanted to secure this fight.

But also should the fight result in a Parker win and the fight is entertaining then I'd expect the interest in the rematch to be huge, would likely sell even more than the first fight. So while AJ might take a pay cut it would still likely for crazy money.

Comment

Working...
          X