Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Who Knows Ortiz's Real Age, But He's Wilder's Best Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about it, if he was really pushing 50 like some morons would have you believe, he could use it to his advantage if anything.

They could market him as the new George Foreman/Bernard Hopkins and push the Wilder fight as a Ortiz's attempt to make history and become the first ever 50 year old heavyweight champ lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      I highly doubt Luis Ortiz knows how old Luis Ortiz is.
      😂😂 Comment of the week!

Comment

Al Bernstein is one of the greatest experts in boxing, a hard working, honest, loving father and family-man. We all admire you, Al Bernstein!

Comment

Joshua fought an old Klitschko, coming after a loss to Fury, and almost 18 months of inactivity. AJ also got off the floor to win by KO. I expect Wilder to have a little more trouble with a younger, more active, undefeated Luis Ortiz, but still get the "W." Let's see if Wilder gets the same kind of respect that AJ did, if he's fortunate enough to beat KING KONG!

Comment

he's 165 years old! wilder gets no credit. the mofo has blood pressure problems hes so old. never heard of a boxer with bp issues.

all jokes aside ortiz shouldn't even be licensed to box at this point. how many times does a mofo have to cheat to get punished. he doesn't deserve this opportunity. hoping for wilder to flatten him early.

Comment

if ortiz truly has high blood pressure and he is taking hydrochlorothiazide for it he should not be allowed to fight his blood pressure could skyrocket during the fight and kill him

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                I highly doubt Luis Ortiz knows how old Luis Ortiz is.
                hahaahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Let's not pretend like an athlete originating from a country with poor record keeping wouldn't use that to their advantage. We've seen it in other sports, the dominicans are notorious for doing this too in baseball. We've seen the same from Venezuela, Colombia, and other places as well. Especially for olympians, having an advantage to the point where first world nations have huge doping programs and you think a place like Cuba wouldn't trim a few years off a guy's age to get an edge? I'm not saying he's older than what is listed but c'mon you can't be naive enough to think it isn't possible or likely even in his case.
                  Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                  You gotta think about it that way, Ortiz and Rigo started boxing when they were kids, they went to national and international competitions as buys and young adults, when could they have changed their age?

Especially in a drastic way like Mansour (he's full of bs anyway, believes everything his brothers told him in prison, heck, he even fell for religion, nonsense written down on animal skin thousands of years ago), Bernstein and others suggest.

That would have been way too obvious, a guy competing with adults and then suddenly going back to the kids? And nobody noticed until they were almost 40? Then some smart-ass thought they looked even older? Ridiculous.
                  I tend to agree with TheUntouchable. All these Cuban boxers have been in international competition from a young age. Of course it’s possible to cheat, but it’s not so easy.

Ortiz gets accused of lying about his age on a regular, and no one provides any evidence except “he looks old.” Ok, by that logic, I’ll offer this: Ortiz moves damn good for a guy older than 38, weighing north of 235 pounds.

We’ve all known people who look older or younger than they really are. Luis is one of them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I tend to agree with TheUntouchable. All these Cuban boxers have been in international competition from a young age. Of course it’s possible to cheat, but it’s not so easy.

Ortiz gets accused of lying about his age on a regular, and no one provides any evidence except “he looks old.” Ok, by that logic, I’ll offer this: Ortiz moves damn good for a guy older than 38, weighing north of 235 pounds.

We’ve all known people who look older or younger than they really are. Luis is one of them.
                      I'm not saying they are wrong or you are wrong, I am saying it's not that farfetched for people to think this. Same way I said with baseball players from DR.

Comment

Working...
                      X